The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Are you in or around London by the way?
Original post by Anonymous
can you stop saying you do you, I already said I don't do casual sex myself

i really don't think it's your place to say that sleeping with a lot of people isn't classy. What IS classy then? Why in this day and age should people be judged for this. If you're single, you're upfront about your intentions, your clean and safe - what is the problem?

You need to calm yourself down and understand that since this is a public conversation, other people will come across and comment. To assuage them from misconstruing me, I say "do you" which is just a general saying for "I am not judging."

That brings me to part two. I am not judging at all. I am rationalising judgements which people get who are promiscuous, and I see the reasoning there to look down on it. And I do look down on it. I don't know many people (who aren't bull****ting) who can't see that sleeping with a new person everyday isn't model behaviour. Because like I said, have you nothing better to do and do you not feel you deserve to be treated properly? If you're sleeping with a new person everyday, hello: that person won't be seeing you again either. If you're so casual about doing it, who knows how common that will become and I damn sure know I don't wanna run into some guy who expects me to **** him n chuck him just because "some bitch I was with the other night did that. Why won't you?" Excuse me?! :colonhash:

And what does the time and "day and age" have to do with morality/treating yourself with standards? Having standards is timeless, I'd like to think. It's not like I walk around flicking my nose up at people who sleep around, because I don't wonder about it anyway. But in the conversation about it, I have to be honest and admit it's indecent.

Again. I say do you...because...think what you want. I don't care to argue because I know the situation isn't mine, thankfully.
Reply 162
And yes I'm over 18, my partner is in his 30s

You're eighteen?
Original post by Josb
You're eighteen?

can you not read? You just quoted me saying I'm over 18

i don't care to be more specific as I have a non anonymous profile. But I am over 18, he's in his early thirties.
Original post by Poldark00
Are you in or around London by the way?

Good luck. She seems like a biter.
Original post by Suckubus
Good luck. She seems like a biter.

I can slice the sarcasm with a knife. Actually I ask because the big london munch is coming up this friday.
You need to calm yourself down and understand that since this is a public conversation, other people will come across and comment. To assuage them from misconstruing me, I say "do you" which is just a general saying for "I am not judging."That brings me to part two. I am not judging at all. I am rationalising judgements which people get who are promiscuous, and I see the reasoning there to look down on it. And I do look down on it. I don't know many people (who aren't bull****ting) who can't see that sleeping with a new person everyday isn't model behaviour. Because like I said, have you nothing better to do and do you not feel you deserve to be treated properly? If you're sleeping with a new person everyday, hello: that person won't be seeing you again either. If you're so casual about doing it, who knows how common that will become and I damn sure know I don't wanna run into some guy who expects me to **** him n chuck him just because "some bitch I was with the other night did that. Why won't you?" Excuse me?! :colonhash:And what does the time and "day and age" have to do with morality/treating yourself with standards? Having standards is timeless, I'd like to think. It's not like I walk around flicking my nose up at people who sleep around, because I don't wonder about it anyway. But in the conversation about it, I have to be honest and admit it's indecent.Again. I say do you...because...think what you want. I don't care to argue because I know the situation isn't mine, thankfully.

you haven't answered the question still, you've just rephrased it saying standards instead of morals. You've failed to say WHY you think there should bee an inherent standard of sexual behaviour. Just because you have a lot of sex doesn't mean you are disrespectful to the people you sleep with :/ I have friends who have a lot of casual sex. They are warm and loving people. They wouldn't discuss any partner in dismissive insulting terms like you've suggested. They aren't looking for a relationship but enjoy sex, they sleep with people who feel the same. So what's the problem? No one is debasing anyone or being debased. There isn't anything inherently immoral about this, nor does it say anything about your mysterious undefinable 'standards'. Sex is totally natural and the fact you think casual sex is indecent is almost laughable.
Reply 167
can you not read? You just quoted me saying I'm over 18

i don't care to be more specific as I have a non anonymous profile. But I am over 18, he's in his early thirties.

Yes, I can read, but I specifically asked your age. It creeps me even more to see that the guy who likes to choke you and leave bruises on you is more than dozen years older than you.
Imo, you are the victim of a very talented abuser. I hope you won't have to regret it in the future. I know that you're going to tell how much he's kind and you love him, but you won't convince me.
I do bite! But not on purpose. Only when I'm feeling very very good and it's involuntary

i live in north London currently
Um he's not more than a dozen years old than me :/ I'm not 18!

i don't need to convince you of anything. This man helped me through the worst times of my life and never gave up on me. He makes me feel like he really believes in me and builds me up everyday. I'm following my dreams because of his encouragement. Also we both work in an industry that works in partnership with organisations that work with victims of DV. I think we'd know if either of us were abusive. If you don't believe that's possible just because we sometimes have sex in a way you don't like but that doesn't harm us and we both consent to and enjoy, then that's your stuff but I think it's a shame your mind is so closed. To each his own.
I can slice the sarcasm with a knife. Actually I ask because the big london munch is coming up this friday.

thanks but I'm not really into groups meeting based on enjoyment of a sexual lifestyle. It's not us, I think we'd find it a bit cringe. No offence intended. I went to one a couple years ago as a single girl but it was just weird. Also I looked RADICALLY different from everyone else there
thanks but I'm not really into groups meeting based on enjoyment of a sexual lifestyle. It's not us, I think we'd find it a bit cringe. No offence intended. I went to one a couple years ago as a single girl but it was just weird. Also I looked RADICALLY different from everyone else there

That's really odd. And none taken - maybe you went to an "event", rather than a "munch"? I've heard stories of that happening.

All the ones I go to are pretty much just casual pubs and random conversation, not sex-based. In fact, the under 35s one I go to is pretty much exactly the same as a bog standard student night, except everyone there are fet members. Certainly not all that corsets and PVC stuff, I've always found that a little weird. Put it this way, if someone accidentally stumbled upon it, they probably wouldn't have the faintest idea until maybe someone behind them started a dubious conversation :P

Certainly doesn't sound like your ordeal, sorry that happened to you.
Well you two enjoy your talk, I'm off to get my beauty sleep.
Well you two enjoy your talk, I'm off to get my beauty sleep.

still didn't answer me I see!
That's really odd. And none taken - maybe you went to an "event", rather than a "munch"? I've heard stories of that happening. All the ones I go to are pretty much just casual pubs and random conversation, not sex-based. In fact, the under 35s one I go to is pretty much exactly the same as a bog standard student night, except everyone there are fet members. Certainly not all that corsets and PVC stuff, I've always found that a little weird. Put it this way, if someone accidentally stumbled upon it, they probably wouldn't have the faintest idea until maybe someone behind them started a dubious conversation :PCertainly doesn't sound like your ordeal, sorry that happened to you.

i guess I went to something fairly stereotypical. All the girls were gothic looking and most pretty curvy, while I am a toned size 8 (not bragging, it would be weird if it wasn't tones considering all the training I do) and I look conventional, long brunette hair I wear is straight with loose curls at the ends

dont get me wrong I'm not saying I think I am better or that they didn't look great, I just stuck out like a sore thumb and I got a lot of stares, presumably because I looked so different from them, I felt a bit self conscious

even with more diversity I don't think I'd enjoy meeting up with people to discuss my sex life. That's just me though. The people were very nice just a bit starey
just sounds like she has her own opinion and taste- nothing wrong with that.
just sounds like she has her own opinion and taste- nothing wrong with that.
So I don't usually talk about sex much with my friends but the other night we were a bit drunk and I mentioned how I really love sex with my new guy because he is really rough in bed. She said that's horrible cos if we never 'make love' then we're never properly intimate

is she wrong or am I the weird one?? I personally find the rough sex to be even more intimate - there has to be real trust for him to choke me and stuff, and afterwards he'll kiss the places he bruised and holds me close, and we really love each other

id welcome some opinions on this

I like it rough as a girl

Latest

Trending

Trending