The Student Room Group

Are there any names that you won't date?

Scroll to see replies

Why does a name matter? This is such a childish thread.
Original post by MylittlePlusle
That makes no sense to me.

hes meaning you have the relationship experience of a tuft of shed dog hair and thus your post is now about as relevant as a tuft of shed dog hair.

Original post by scrunkie

This
Original post by C_tinie_D
Anything ending in "sha"

Taneesha
Elosha
Elisha
Alisha
Original post by Plumstone

It's funny, but before I met my bf, I was having a discussion about what I thought the most fanciable names were and my boyfriend's name was joint top of my list. I guess it was meant to be :smile:

Perhaps it was just that you were subconsciously more attracted to your boyfriend because he had the name you had recently put at the top of your list.
Original post by VannR
Any name beginning in 'la' or 'sha', ending in 'sha', or having a 'qua' sound in - you know the kind of names I mean. Also, names which are ridiculous alterations of traditional names such as 'Tonya', or 'Beatriz' (seriously heard this one before).

Names of places and inanimate objects are also a bit iffy, but I don't have the same 'blanket ban' on them.

Shaneequa
La Shonya
Latasha
Latisha
Shoniqua
Original post by Doctor_Einstein
Perhaps it was just that you were subconsciously more attracted to your boyfriend because he had the name you had recently put at the top of your list.

Well, the fact that I thought he had an attractive name certainly didn't hurt, but I had identified him as the cutest guy in the venue as soon as I laid eyes on him and it was only when I went over to introduce myself and ask him to dance that I found out what he was called.

Also, I'm pretty sure that it's less his name and more his personality, sense of humour, looks, etc which have led me to stay with him for past four years :smile:
Reply 26
I honestly don't mind the name haha
Probably someone with the same name as me :P otherwise dont care. It's just a name.
Reply 28
I don't know. Like, Adolf?
No. If I liked someone, their name wouldn't affect me dating them or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C_tinie_D
Anything ending in "sha"

Why?
Katie Hopkins must be grinning from ear to ear
Sam. I know way too many *******s called Sam.

Also, Sam is the name of an ex.

I'd never date a Michael, too, but those reasons are different.
Anything that's purposely been spelled wrong by some hipster parents.
Original post by adriana95
Katie Hopkins must be grinning from ear to ear

Another name I wouldn't date.
Original post by scrunkie

Worse yet, his supposed 'special' friendships are flimsy enough that something as trivial and asinine as sharing a name with the 'special' people and a lover is enough to break the friendships up
Original post by James Milibanter
Another name I wouldn't date.

Would up-vote but reached my limit </3
Original post by JoshDawg
Would up-vote but reached my limit </3

It's the thought that counts. :wink:
Original post by AbdulKoyes
Worse yet, his supposed 'special' friendships are flimsy enough that something as trivial and asinine as sharing a name with the 'special' people and a lover is enough to break the friendships up

Ridiculous. How special could they be if he'd let them go because of a name :confused:
No, no... I'm choosing them over any female that shares their names.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending