The Student Room Group

Lets talk PARTIES

Righty.... so I'm doing my GCSEs this year and my social life has been clamped down (to litterally nothing)... so here's what im wondering:

I haven't been to a party/house party before and almost everyone I know has (I've been invited before but was too shy..) So now I feel 'ready' to go, really wanna go after my exams in the summer holidays in mid june... so my question is to similar aged teens who have party experience: ARE PARTIES HELD IN THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS, OR ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE ABROAD??

Reason for wanting to go; meet new people and girls (not too shallow, right?)

thanks all... now I feel like a noob XD
Aha, parties are held at random times. Sometimes they are held when the parents of the host are doing a holiday and having their own romantic time. In the summer they may even increase cause people parent's leave for holidays.

Don't worry about feeling like a noob. Just go along with it. My friend went to a party and was like "sooo. uhmmm... how often d'you go to parties?" or even better "Don't smoke that! Thats bad for you". Or "be careful with how much alcohol you drink". THAT's nooby.

Nobody is going to judge you if you haven't been, just go along, enjoy your time, be extraverted and not shy, talk to new people and girls (people are always easy going in parties) drink a few shots if it helps you ease up.
(edited 9 years ago)
Why not throw your own?
Reply 3
Thanks for the replies guys... things are clearer now lol

umm i live in a flat, so neighbours would castrate me @Tarte Tatin
My problem is kinda the same. I've only been to one party and it kinda sucked. When people used to invite me, I never went because of being shy and also being busy. Because I always turned down parties, no one asks me anymore. Plus they've all moved out to uni. The only people left who I am acquainted with and go to plenty of parties aren't in the same circles. So that leaves me to stay a noob forever... :frown: How do I get to a party without holding my own (that's impossible atm) but come summertime not so much. Although, I wouldn't have many wildish/fun people to invite.
Original post by ChemFemme
My problem is kinda the same. I've only been to one party and it kinda sucked. When people used to invite me, I never went because of being shy and also being busy. Because I always turned down parties, no one asks me anymore. Plus they've all moved out to uni. The only people left who I am acquainted with and go to plenty of parties aren't in the same circles. So that leaves me to stay a noob forever... :frown: How do I get to a party without holding my own (that's impossible atm) but come summertime not so much. Although, I wouldn't have many wildish/fun people to invite.

Well, considering noone asks you anymore, maybe if you ask at least some of your friends if they know of any parties or tell them to inform you if they find out about one? They might have something but assume you don't want to come.

My friend isn't the kind of guys who is popular or parties, but he got in because one of his acquantances who he didn't know well randomly invited him. Keep in mind- the girl who invited him was shy and reserved and you would never assume she parties.

So do that. Ask all your friends for any party they know of.

By the way, what was bad about your party? Not live enough or was it too overdrugged? Just curious
Original post by LibertyMan
Well, considering noone asks you anymore, maybe if you ask at least some of your friends if they know of any parties or tell them to inform you if they find out about one? They might have something but assume you don't want to come.

My friend isn't the kind of guys who is popular or parties, but he got in because one of his acquantances who he didn't know well randomly invited him. Keep in mind- the girl who invited him was shy and reserved and you would never assume she parties.

So do that. Ask all your friends for any party they know of.

By the way, what was bad about your party? Not live enough or was it too overdrugged? Just curious

The party that I went too was a good friends. He was my best friend and I his. He is extremely outgoing and had a few vastly circles. Unlike me he could actually not give a single **** about anything so wasn't as shy. He invited loads of people. Two big groups came. The whole party each group was doing their own thing. One group were academics and the other party animals. I mingled loads which I'm proud of but my other friend ruined the party by drinking a whole cup of vodka on an empty stomach for the first every time in his life. He went absolutely mental. Screaming, vomiting, throwing himself on people and passing out. This was repeated every few minutes. Killed the mood. I loved it. Loads of action but too few people so party didn't last long.
Original post by ChemFemme
The party that I went too was a good friends. He was my best friend and I his. He is extremely outgoing and had a few vastly circles. Unlike me he could actually not give a single **** about anything so wasn't as shy. He invited loads of people. Two big groups came. The whole party each group was doing their own thing. One group were academics and the other party animals. I mingled loads which I'm proud of but my other friend ruined the party by drinking a whole cup of vodka on an empty stomach for the first every time in his life. He went absolutely mental. Screaming, vomiting, throwing himself on people and passing out. This was repeated every few minutes. Killed the mood. I loved it. Loads of action but too few people so party didn't last long.

Vomit... awesome.
Reply 8
Do people (teens- as in 16-18) look down on those who are +1s at a party, or don't really care? ty

Quick Reply

Latest