The Student Room Group

What would you like to ask Ed Miliband?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
How can a rich son of a marxist represent and "understand" working class people?
Why don't people in their 20s join social groups ?
Will you be happy when the UK has no more resident companies or higher rate tax payers and 99% of the population us being supported by state benefits
Can you tell us specifically what the Labour Party's plans for legal aid are?

Also, can you tell us what your plan is for banking regulation under the new Labour government that will be coming to power in May?
Original post by B_mk

Why do you want to raise taxes when a simple look down memory lane will tell you that our economy grows and thrives on low taxation?

Then please explain why under the Thatcher / Major governments, they spent an average of 43% of GDP per year, whereas Labour under Blair/Brown spent approximately 39% of GDP each year. The current Tory government has spent approximately 44% of GDP each year.

The Tories are big spenders, addicted to taxation and specifically VAT rises, and totally incompetent when it comes to economic and fiscal matters (hence 3 million unemployed under Thatcher, Black Wednesday under Major and Osborne's notable failure to eliminate the deficit in this parliament)
Why don't you support electoral reform for general elections? I'm happy that you're pledging House of Lords reform, but we really need STV for general elections - FPTP is unfair and doesn't represent our era of multi-party politics.
Reply 46
All right Milipede lover you win:wink: Create a Miliband fan club... it will be funny in 5 years time when we find out how much he has screwed over the UK. I wonder how many countries he will bomb? How many immigrants he will allow in to become his Labour voters? hmmmm well we might be able to find out:wink:
Reply 47
Why should we vote for red tory's? You aren't really that different to clegg and Cameron.
Original post by Aph
Why should we vote for red tory's? You aren't really that different to clegg and Cameron.

As soon as someone starts whining about "Red Tories", you know they are utterly clueless, given the gap between Labour and Conservative is as big as it has been for decades, and Labour's manifesto this time around is quite similar to its 1979 manifesto

People who whine about "Red Tories" invariably don't have a clue about what Labour's policies actually are.
Reply 49
Okay my leftist friend you vote Labour and get screwed over (once again) and I will vote for UKIP:wink: Bye!
Original post by Babada Boopy
I know, what I mean is UKIP isn't a party of old people

It definitely is a party of old people. In fact, I'd be willing to wager that the average age of UKIP supporters is the highest of any political party.
Original post by SeaPony
Show pony :blah:

I will vote Labour, happily, and I look forward to the next Labour government its policies including;

*Abolition of the House of Lords to be replaced by a senate of the nations and regions
*Repeal of the bedroom tax
*Repeal of the Health and Social Care Act 2012
*Freeze energy prices for two years
*Break up the largest banks with a market share cap
*Create a government bank to compete with the City of London
*Break up the largest energy companies with a market share cap
*Bring railways back in public ownership by repealing s25 of the Railways Act 1993
*Cap on rent increases and increased rights for tenants
*Reduce tuition fees by 3,000 with probably more to come
*Increase income tax on the highest income earners
*Tax on millionaire properties
*Reverse the cut in corporation tax
*A sound and sensible deficit reduction plan
*Repeal the tax cut for hedge funds
*Abolish non-dom status for those who are permanently resident here
*Reintroduce the right of councils to invest the money from right-to-buy in new construction

So I will be very happily voting Labour :h: Feel free to keep voting for your irrelevant UKIP joke of a party
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by LordMarmalade
It definitely is a party of old people. In fact, I'd be willing to wager that the average age of UKIP supporters is the highest of any political party.

I know lots of under 30s voting for them :confused:
Reply 53
As soon as someone starts whining about "Red Tories", you know they are utterly clueless, given the gap between Labour and Conservative is as big as it has been for decades, and Labour's manifesto this time around is quite similar to its 1979 manifesto

People who whine about "Red Tories" invariably don't have a clue about what Labour's policies actually are.

Having actually read their stuff and looks over the past years it's obvious that although the gap may be bigger the center has moved right so labour are just Tories in my mind, they just ware different ties.
Why do you not think that it's necessary to have your manifesto costed by an independent agency? Do you not think that your voters deserve to know exactly how you hope to eliminate the budget deficit, and how likely you actually are to do so?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Babada Boopy
I know lots of under 30s voting for them :confused:

Maybe that is true anecdotally. From what I can remember from the polling data, it is absolutely the opposite

If anything, UKIP is considered a bit of a joke amongst the people I know under 30
Original post by Aph
Having actually read their stuff and looks over the past years it's obvious that although the gap may be bigger the center has moved right so labour are just Tories in my mind, they just ware different ties.

What specific Labour policies are right-wing? What is "their stuff"? Try to be specific

By the way, that's wear not ware
Maybe that is true anecdotally. From what I can remember from the polling data, it is absolutely the opposite

If anything, UKIP is considered a bit of a joke amongst the people I know under 30

polls aren't very reliable for UKIP, and young people face the most pressure to fit in and not admit to liking them
Reply 58
What specific Labour policies are right-wing? What is "their stuff"? Try to be specific

By the way, that's wear not ware

That's what I'm saying, by modern standards they are left but they are more right then old labour, since Blair labour haven't had any appeal to me.
Reply 59
Met the guy personally last week and made it onto the BBC news doing so, but my mate asked him for a Selfie as a joke :biggrin: - I'm a conserv btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending