The Student Room Group
Reply 1
in most cases, if you attend one of your current uni's partner institutions you pay the annual tuition fees to your home uni, and usually do not have to pay any tuition to the partner uni. so the main costs involved would be living and room costs. some unis (not all) may even give you an allowance to cover some of the living costs... they do this to encourage students to go on exchange programmes.

which US unis are you planning on going to?
Reply 2
I've not been on one, but intend to apply in yr 3. Canadian studying sci in Scotland, and the uni has an exchange with Cal tech. Strange thing is Cal tech has American type pre-requisites for courses for the exchange which aren't offered at my uni.... so I'm not clear if I'll qualify or not, but I've heard that other students have been successful at it - so there must be a way..
I'm away on one at the moment. Usually there is no major extra cost involved to you, except the airfare and health insurance!

Depending on whether your course has direct arrangements with certain unis or you go through a third party like ISEP the costs will be slightly different.

If there's anything you want to know drop me a message!

Latest

Trending

Trending