The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
mobbdeeprob
Kings is a pesky backwater, trading under its formerly great name whilst undergoing a meteoric and unrivalled decline.

I can name four credible institutions (which will be around in the next twenty years) which should be assigned a sub-forum over the said 'institution':

UCL
QMC
SOAS
Royal Holloway

And, failing the above, LSE (2).

Mmmm yes....
Are you aware that KCL is one of the only Universities in the country which is consistently spending large sums of money on facilities and upgrades to its estates.
Have you seen the Guy's Campus?
Have you seen the Waterloo campus?
Have you seen the recent Maughan library - see the pictures attached. Impressive by anybody's standards. One of the greatest university library projects of modern times in the whole UK.
Did you know that KCL is spending 40 million pounds on renovations to the strand campus over the next 2 years?

Meteoric and unrivalled decline, I hardly think so. If anything its an unrivalled consolidation, expansion and improvement.

KCL should definately have its own subforum.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 41
Oh, that is a nice library! Anyway, as a future KCL student I definitely agree that we should have our own subforum!
Reply 42
Forgot to mention the Centre for Cell and Integrative Biology on the King’s Denmark Hill Campus which opens next year and the possibility that the MRC National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR), MRC’s largest research centre maybe relocating to KCL (or UCL - it has not been decided yet).

Also KCL is only one of two institutions in the UK which is able to perform research using stem cells - another recent initiative that will strengthen KCL's reputation (especially in the fields of biomedicine as this is one of the major areas for disease research and medical technologies at the moment - the other institution is Newcastle university).

This list will only expand in the next few years IMO, as King's seeks to increase its reputation as a truly world class institution.
Reply 43
caer
Oh, that is a nice library! Anyway, as a future KCL student I definitely agree that we should have our own subforum!

me too!!!

...and i can't believe sheffield is ranked above KCL.... :mad: (i got rejected from sheffield)
I am glad to see that UCL now has its own dedicated subforum but why not Kings?

Kings is an important and popular institution with strengths in the Medical fields, Philosophy and Law (good markers of top universities). Many students apply to Kings, many of them sociable and many of them very bright, attracted to the name, size and location of the university (also that it is multifaculty).
Reply 45
While you campaign to get your own sub forum feel free to join "the
godless institution of Gower Street" forum... you can have a thread all to yourselves...
LondonCynic
I am glad to see that UCL now has its own dedicated subforum but why not Kings?

I am so dissapointed :frown: I feel inclined to complain but I won't. I still say a UoL sub forum should be made, there's no way this forum can accomodate every university.
Reply 47
waiting2smile
I am so dissapointed :frown: I feel inclined to complain but I won't. I still say a UoL sub forum should be made, there's no way this forum can accomodate every university.

have you pmed m yet? the campaign to get a ucl subforum worked :biggrin:
pinkfairy
have you pmed m yet? the campaign to get a ucl subforum worked :biggrin:

We've been campaigning for a KCL sub forum for a long time, but don't mind having a UoL sub-forum. At least we're being reasonable.
APU deserves one too! please can someone start one??
Reply 50
we're never gonna get a sub-forum if this thread dies away...!! :eek:

so....in trying to revive it....which halls are your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices? or are you not living in halls?

Mine are great dover st apts, stamford st and wolfson house (i've never seen wolfson hse but i hear it's the worst of the lot :confused: ) respectively.
Reply 51
p8224
we're never gonna get a sub-forum if this thread dies away...!! :eek:

so....in trying to revive it....which halls are your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices? or are you not living in halls?

Mine are great dover st apts, stamford st and wolfson house (i've never seen wolfson hse but i hear it's the worst of the lot :confused: ) respectively.

My first choices are Stamford St. and Great Dover St., but I don't really remember which order I put the rest in. I think Wolfson House looks kinda nice but from what I've heard it's disgusting..
Reply 52
Wolfson is the worst of the King's halls from what i've heard from other students who were unfortunate enough to stay there.
I lived in Stamford St in my final year. While I was a Guy's man myself, it's in a great location for getting to the strand campus (you can walk to lectures and the union etc) and the covent garden area.
Dover St is great for Guy's people because it's only a five minute walk from the campus.
Hampstead till I die :smile:
Reply 54
unclecraig
Wolfson is the worst of the King's halls from what i've heard from other students who were unfortunate enough to stay there.
I lived in Stamford St in my final year. While I was a Guy's man myself, it's in a great location for getting to the strand campus (you can walk to lectures and the union etc) and the covent garden area.
Dover St is great for Guy's people because it's only a five minute walk from the campus.

I've applied for the Brian Creamer House. No-one ever mentions it. I was gonna go for Stamford or Great Dover, but theres not a great chance of getting in.
Reply 55
LondonCynic
Hampstead till I die :smile:

The Danehurst building at KCH is where I have my fondest memories :smile:
lol, I have fantastic memories at KCH as well!!

I wasnt in the rowdy first year Daneshurst block though, rather the more refined block starting with 'P' where the Dinner Hall was.

Was there during 2000-2001, where antics in the Halls gained University of London magzine front page fame... or should that be notoriety?
1) Stamford Street Apts
2) Brian Creamer House
3) Intercollegiate Halls...

But I wouldn't mind being put in the Halls, or anywhere but Wolfson House.
Reply 58
LondonCynic
lol, I have fantastic memories at KCH as well!!

I wasnt in the rowdy first year Daneshurst block though, rather the more refined block starting with 'P' where the Dinner Hall was.

Was there during 2000-2001, where antics in the Halls gained University of London magzine front page fame... or should that be notoriety?

Hey I was at KCH in 2000 -2001!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
If you don't mind me asking, what is your name and what subject did you study?
lol, Bennett and I did Biomedical Sciences, I was mates with everyone!

KCH did have near 700 students though, so it wont be suprising if you dont remember me...

Here is my pic:

Do you rememeber Ricky, Jo and Layla the medics?

KCH was Medic Central!

Latest