The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oops. I assume your retakes went well? I never asked.
And I'd prefer a first too, dosn't mean I'll get one :P
Reply 21
Crisps
UCL is home to the Benfield Hazard Research Centre, one of the best places in the world for studying hazards, and the staff in there are really at the top of their field. They run a MSc in Geophysical Hazards, and with a lot of luck (and a lot of money!) I may be there! :biggrin:

It's part of their Earth Sciences department though, not geography.

SCOOORE.. coz hazard management is what i wnat to do, but isn't a masters degree?. anywho i got in on Environmental Geography, and no geophysics, coz i didnt' have the necessary subjects, i think, but just the fact that they have this department has probably convinced me.
my hero... lol
Reply 22
arkbar
Oops. I assume your retakes went well? I never asked.
And I'd prefer a first too, dosn't mean I'll get one :P

Yeah, that was aaaaages ago! I'm not saying I'm going to need to retake these current ones though...

simdam
SCOOORE.. coz hazard management is what i wnat to do, but isn't a masters degree?. anywho i got in on Environmental Geography, and no geophysics, coz i didnt' have the necessary subjects, i think, but just the fact that they have this department has probably convinced me.
my hero... lol

It is a MSC [link]

I want to go into Haz Management too actually! I would like to do my diss on it but it's finding pigging primary data...
EDIT, the Google search I did to get that page also threw up this PDF
Reply 23
simdam
are youa current geo student at UCL?

Yes I am, just started, i'm in my first year. Loving every minute!!

Latest

Trending

Trending