The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
sarforaz
Could just not be interested... i got a friend who texts me all the time, sometimes a couple long ones at once <_<
Nothing against her but i dont always reply straight away because she might take it the wrong way (her other friend told me she's got a crush on me?)
and sometimes i reeeeally dont like texting :p:
Just dont read into everything so much...

whats with the weird jealousy thing? shour i submit to the game playing and pretend i have aboyfriend? but then he wont spk to me again!
Reply 21
Candy_Shop
I know all the "rules" ... I dont follow them though. I call when I feel to. A popular one is if you get a number, leave it at least a day before you call.

Girls are on to all this bullsh*t though. They know when you're playing the game.

I do chuckle at girls who text me back literally STRAIGHT after I've sent her a message. LOL that is funny :biggrin: :biggrin: When you know they're holding their phone in their hand waiting for your text.

what if they have their fone in their pocket and just reply to the text like any other text - rather than waiting around 'ooh i wonder if he'll like me more if i wait 12 hours then i look busy' kinda thing? i reply to all texts asap unless they are boring and then i dont reply at all
simply put you're crazy and so is this guy.

It's not worth it, 3 days between texts for 2 years, do you want to grow old sitting in your room, guessing, stressing, imagining for something to happen? Life is far, far too short.

Back when I was young and stupid I kept hope about this rather strange guy for around this length of time as well, blaming all these delays on the fact that he's 'different' and that our relationship was 'unique' and that's what I liked him for. However the facts are that my precious time was slipping away, and I was living in a fantasy, one which destroyed any chance of any other guys in my life that could have been something real.

I'd recommend that your heart only has so much space, and you need to let go of one thing to fully grasp something else. I guess though that you may be something of a fantasist, for whom letting go may be very hard. But even the hardest things at the end of the day is quite simple. It boils down to this: getting over someone is a decision. It's a decision you make just like you decide to make a cup of cofee, or apply for a masters, or leave the country. Once you do it you will find that yes it hurts, but things will gradually get better because you're facing the truth :smile:

Good luck.
There's also the "ten-second-cum" rule.
Reply 24
oh no, i have been dating other guys during that time. he just doent know about them.
i hate game playing like that. none of that with my current boyfriend, which makes him all the more lovely :smile:

honestly, people need to stop it. it only complicates things.
I think one week is kinda money these days. :wink:
-----------------------

The problem is, guys and girls both play games with each other. By not texting straight away, you're making sure that you're not the one doing the chasing, and you're trying to take the upper hand/dominant role in the relationship. That said, by conforming and being predictable to a dot that a person will reply exactly 3 days later kinda defeats the point... being spontaneous and random is what will make one appear 'not needy'.

The absolute best way though is quite simply not to fake the whole waiting around thing. If you genuinely have a busy life with lots of things going on, there's nothing wrong with texting people back when you can... that can mean texting back straight away, or it can mean not texting back for a few days.
Reply 27
i know, but im not the one doing it. do you think he is playing games or just weird? what should i do to end the games? when he texts me (today is the third day) should i just never speak to him again? but i like him"! i just hope he doesnt go ape finding out i've been dating other mens
If you like him, don't mess around and tell him.

Tell him you'd like to go out sometime. Be specific about the days and times you can make it (you're not going to drop your life for someone) - "I'm pretty busy most of the week, but i'm going shopping on x day if you want to meet up and grab some lunch?"
Reply 29
we did that before. but if i arrange it or even when he arranges it he just cancels at the last minute. i cant be bothered. so even if he asks me out again i will still say no and i think he knows this
DanGrover
There's also the "ten-second-cum" rule.

explanations!! :frown:
shinytoy
we did that before. but if i arrange it or even when he arranges it he just cancels at the last minute. i cant be bothered. so even if he asks me out again i will still say no and i think he knows this

Well consistent flakes generally suggest that he's not particularly interested, I'm afraid to say.
Bedshaped
explanations!! :frown:

Anymore than ten seconds and, frankly, you're wasting everyone's time. The guy behind you can only stay hard for so long, and usually there's quite a queue behind him too.
DanGrover
Anymore than ten seconds and, frankly, you're wasting everyone's time. The guy behind you can only stay hard for so long, and usually there's quite a queue behind him too.

Ah-hah..I understand now...*awkwardness*

:blow: << random smiley should sort that out. :biggrin:
I always wait a day or two to reply to guys' text messages, unless it's like "hey what time are we meeting tonight, 7 or 8?" Don't want to seem to eager :p: Didn't realize it was a formal 3 day rule though. Hmm I'll keep that in mind.
Did you ever go out with him? Or do you just have really slow text convos?

I'm thinking he isn't interested and only reples to keep his options open, like if he doesn't get a girl in the next 3 months he has a right to ask you out since he hasn't totally blanked you...

Latest

Trending

Trending