The Student Room Group

Exam Revision

My Lecturer said the exam is in the same "nature" of the past 2014 paper. What does he mean by this? It will be exactly identical or just similar in areas? Any advice would be great :biggrin:
It means that the examiner couldn't be bothered to think of some new questions so copied and pasted last year's questions whilst changing the wording / numbers. Such exams are a dream for the candidate because you can basically learn how to pass them. However, on reflection they are utterly pointless and the examiner should have his / her ass kicked!

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by ByEeek
It means that the examiner couldn't be bothered to think of some new questions so copied and pasted last year's questions whilst changing the wording / numbers. Such exams are a dream for the candidate because you can basically learn how to pass them. However, on reflection they are utterly pointless and the examiner should have his / her ass kicked!

Good luck!

Ahh, Thank you and he is a good lecturer, it's his first year as the module leader so i believe he is keeping to how it was before changing it to his own? I will revise the Past paper then, thank you again!
I would cover your bases and revise two or three years worth of past papers just in case. It kind of sucks that you end up revising for the exam rather than the subject - which is what you will need in the "real" world.

Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by ByEeek
I would cover your bases and revise two or three years worth of past papers just in case. It kind of sucks that you end up revising for the exam rather than the subject - which is what you will need in the "real" world.

Good luck!

Fair shout, we only have access to the previous 2014 paper, so i think it's clear that this revision and extra reading is a good start. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending