The Student Room Group

I'm at the edge now with English Lit

Seriously, however hard I ****ing try, I just cannot properly do English lit, I'm **** at it. Absolute ****. It pisses me off even more how virtually EVERYONE ELSE I ****ING KNOW just gets it like that with English Lit " Oh yeah I got an A* , English is so easy lol" well either I have a tiny ****ing brain or I'm doing something wrong because for me it is the hardest subject on the surface of this planet, I hate it with a passion. I don't think I've even had a full thorough revision session with English lit yet as every attempt at revising it ends up in me lobbing the book at the wall and ripping out a few pages while punching the **** out of anything I can find in my room. I cannot ****ing do it.

i don't even know what the hell I'm trying to do here by posting this, probably get deleted soon enough but who gives a ****. I just feel left out and stupid. I don't know.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Which part of it you find hard OP?; perhaps that's the first thing we'd need to know.
Original post by kka25
Which part of it you find hard OP?; perhaps that's the first thing we'd need to know.

That was posted in one my rages I often go through revising, I've calmed down a bit now so I can think more clearly.

I'd say timing is one thing I find hard, I don't know how people can just shoot out PEE's ( Point Evidence Expain ) like that in an exam, doing 10 in 20 mins while I struggle to do 6 in 20 mins, then I just get frustrated in the exam and rip up the paper because of my incredibly poor timing.

Essays, I don't understand how you can spend 40 minutes writing about one character or a theme or whatever and manage to get good marks for it. I have yet to have completed a full on essay, again due to frustration and anger leading me to give up very quickly.

All other subjects I'm fine in, I understand whats going on and how to improve but with English, no.
Reply 3
are you doing the 15th march exam?
Original post by Biggie-Smalls
That was posted in one my rages I often go through revising, I've calmed down a bit now so I can think more clearly.

I'd say timing is one thing I find hard, I don't know how people can just shoot out PEE's ( Point Evidence Expain ) like that in an exam, doing 10 in 20 mins while I struggle to do 6 in 20 mins, then I just get frustrated in the exam and rip up the paper because of my incredibly poor timing.

Essays, I don't understand how you can spend 40 minutes writing about one character or a theme or whatever and manage to get good marks for it. I have yet to have completed a full on essay, again due to frustration and anger leading me to give up very quickly.

All other subjects I'm fine in, I understand whats going on and how to improve but with English, no.

Unfortunately, no one can help you like this - over the internet. With students like yourself, it is best if there is both verbal and written feedback on your essays.

You should talk to your teacher before it's too late.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending