The Student Room Group

Ict 2015 - edexcel gcse unit 1- living in a digital world!

Scroll to see replies

It was a good exam overall - I have to say, a harder paper than usual though. I'm thinking 50-55 for an A*
Reply 41
Original post by Turtlebunny
It was a good exam overall - I have to say, a harder paper than usual though. I'm thinking 50-55 for an A*

Maybe, the GBs will stay relatively low
Exam was actually really good, the first 6 marker was a bit dodgy though.. hopefully 52 ish is an A*..
What did you guys get for the questions you can remember?
What did you guys get for the question about RSS and why the video couldn't be played on that trains network or something along those lines?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
The train question
The connection was being shared between passengers so streaming would require high bandwidth which would cause high latency for the others using the connection so pages would load too slowly and be unresponsive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by MIST_123
What did you guys get for the question about RSS and why the video couldn't be played on that trains network or something along those lines?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For train question I wrote if you stream videos then you will be using up more bandwidth, therefore other people will be affected as their connection would be slower, thus its unfair and would ruin the user experience.

For RSS feed I wrote it's used to post updated information so the users of Sarah's blog will always know when she posts something new which makes it more user friendly.
Reply 47
What did u write for the first 6 marker
Original post by tibz101
The train question
The connection was being shared between passengers so streaming would require high bandwidth which would cause high latency for the others using the connection so pages would load too slowly and be unresponsive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was initially gonna write about illegal video viewing and whatever.. and then i saw the image LOL. Thank god. My answer was about the ned for a lot of bandwidth and it would reduce the amount available for the other passengers, making it very slow for them
Original post by Tperman
What did u write for the first 6 marker

THIS QUESTION WAS SO VAGUE WTF
I wrote so much bs about cyber bullying, dowloading illegal content, copyright law, security, over reliance on ICT ...
Multi-choice questions were so much harder than expected. The exam was harder than the past papers I've done, there were more 3 mark questions that 2 mark questions. Really annoying.
Reply 51
Original post by theshortone786
I wrote so much bs about cyber bullying, dowloading illegal content, copyright law, security, over reliance on ICT ...

Cyber bullying, copyright, privacy concerns, illegal content, security issues and posting explicit things

What did you write for the 3 reason selling online is good for Sarah?
Original post by Senpai
Cyber bullying, copyright, privacy concerns, illegal content, security issues and posting explicit things

What did you write for the 3 reason selling online is good for Sarah?

Customers from across the globe
24/7 purchases which makes it more convenient for customers, making people wanna buy from her
Payment is more secure as cash isn't involved
wbuuuu
Reply 53
Customers from across the globe
24/7 purchases which makes it more convenient for customers, making people wanna buy from her
Payment is more secure as cash isn't involved
wbuuuu

24/7 purchases
No postage/printing fees
She can advertise herself on-line for people around the world

I'm not quite sure about the 3rd part question, I wrote she doesn't have to give personal details such as personal credit card number for transactions? wbu
Original post by Senpai
24/7 purchases
No postage/printing fees
She can advertise herself on-line for people around the world

I'm not quite sure about the 3rd part question, I wrote she doesn't have to give personal details such as personal credit card number for transactions? wbu

i just wrote it's quicker
What did you guys put for the tick box question about the phone vibrating? I think I put user interface

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56

I wrote a lot of the same things

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
What did you guys put for the tick box question about the phone vibrating? I think I put user interface

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put performance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put user interface
Reply 59
I put user interface

I also put user interface

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending