The Student Room Group

Ict 2015 - edexcel gcse unit 1- living in a digital world!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Turtlebunny
Yea, I just hope the boundaries are low, I've constantly been worrying about maths loads. I really want an A* or an A, but oh well its done :biggrin: Half of my mistakes in exams are mainly due to nerves! argh
What are you doing for A-level/at sixth form?
I have statistics too! AQA?

Yeah nerves mixed with a paper full of impossible questions makes me fail!
Yeah its gone now, need to stop worrying we cant change them sillgpy mistakes, we will just have to wait and see!
Was doing maths but not any more
Doing IT as long as I get a C.
But the rest I have to chose on results day now.
You?
Original post by Bountt
Yeah nerves mixed with a paper full of impossible questions makes me fail!
Yeah its gone now, need to stop worrying we cant change them sillgpy mistakes, we will just have to wait and see!
Was doing maths but not any more
Doing IT as long as I get a C.
But the rest I have to chose on results day now.
You?

I'm kind of unsure. My original intentions were to do further maths :P AND triple science. But I think I'll just end up sticking with maths, biology, chemistry and physics. I'll have to wait to results day to confirm my choices.
Reply 142
Yea I'm entered in for Higher for all of my exams - which is really good, because I'm really strong at some subjects, so am able to access the higher grades - I've put in a lot of work, because although I probably won't get it/and am really uncertain (unlike others), I really want some A*'s and A's! The only exam I regret not asking for foundation for is German, it was horrible, and I suck so much - If I screwed one exam up, it was definitely that one :P

Yea, our AQA stats exam is 2hours long, and I am feeling somewhat prepared, its just toward the end of the paper there are a lot of questions on normal distribution and Z-graphs which aren't my strong point. There is lots of interpretation too, which I don't really like - I prefer the calculations

If you are capable you might as well, I done foundation science and statistics but at the schools choice that no one is doing it, to ensure everyone gets a C, so stupid they are relying in CW to push some up.
Im so glad I dont do any languages, tried french and spanish, I was awful.
Your exam sounds fun! My hardest question will probably be index numbers!
On the mocks they are so easy so glad as still able to get a B without no work (CW)
When is your exam, tomorrow?
Reply 143
I'm kind of unsure. My original intentions were to do further maths :P AND triple science. But I think I'll just end up sticking with maths, biology, chemistry and physics. I'll have to wait to results day to confirm my choices.

You must be so clever, wouldnt be capable of that at all, cant even do GCSE's!
Original post by Bountt
You must be so clever, wouldnt be capable of that at all, cant even do GCSE's!

If you say so :P My uncle went to Imperial college back in the day, and my half brother, after two attempts made it into Cambridge and studied languages - he got a 2:1. So yea I've had a lot of support. My half brother though is one of those people (like on TSR, but I can appreciate him being genuine :P) who says he did NO revision whatsoever, and he still got A*'s in everything at GCSE. I on the other hand, have worked super hard in subjects like Maths, Science, and geography - for science and maths, I had over 400 pages of worksheets and I did every single exam paper like 10x, yet I'm still not confident about an A* :/
But yea, It's come with a lot of stress and a lotttt of work to aim for the highest grades. I'm looking forward to relax after tomorrow.
Reply 145
If you say so :P My uncle went to Imperial college back in the day, and my half brother, after two attempts made it into Cambridge and studied languages - he got a 2:1. So yea I've had a lot of support. My half brother though is one of those people (like on TSR, but I can appreciate him being genuine :P) who says he did NO revision whatsoever, and he still got A*'s in everything at GCSE. I on the other hand, have worked super hard in subjects like Maths, Science, and geography - for science and maths, I had over 400 pages of worksheets and I did every single exam paper like 10x, yet I'm still not confident about an A* :/
But yea, It's come with a lot of stress and a lotttt of work to aim for the highest grades. I'm looking forward to relax after tomorrow.

Id love to have people like that around me , to ask for help.Im so jealous of natrually clever people, I have worked hard too, but disappointed as my work has only seemed to help me with science ( I had to do it even for foundation because if it was down to my teachers not one question would be answered) and slightly with ICT. But you have worked so hard you deserve to get all the grades you get, it just annoys me that I know some of the 'naughty' kids will do better than me and I have worked hard and listened.
:smile:
Original post by Bountt
Id love to have people like that around me , to ask for help.Im so jealous of natrually clever people, I have worked hard too, but disappointed as my work has only seemed to help me with science ( I had to do it even for foundation because if it was down to my teachers not one question would be answered) and slightly with ICT. But you have worked so hard you deserve to get all the grades you get, it just annoys me that I know some of the 'naughty' kids will do better than me and I have worked hard and listened.
:smile:

Haha thanks. Hopefully you're too critical, and actually you've aced the exams. We must share results on the 20th!
Reply 147
Haha thanks. Hopefully you're too critical, and actually you've aced the exams. We must share results on the 20th!

I hope I am too!
Good luck for statistics and your results!
Hope you get all thre grades you have worked hard for!
And yeah we should :smile:
Original post by Bountt
I hope you are right, Im still so upset over that maths exam wanted an A now most likely getting a C pr a B at best. I will be so happy with a B and even happy with a C but its a bit disappointing because I changed my courses because of that exam before I have th results.

That must have been horrible! I hope you haven't been too quick to change courses because you never know what will happen on results day.You might even be pleasantly surprised. The year I did GCSE maths, the boundary for an A* was around 69% which is usually a C
Reply 149
Original post by Tas Kola
That must have been horrible! I hope you haven't been too quick to change courses because you never know what will happen on results day.You might even be pleasantly surprised. The year I did GCSE maths, the boundary for an A* was around 69% which is usually a C

I hope so :smile:
Getting my self to upset over these exams!
Original post by Bountt
I hope so :smile:
Getting my self to upset over these exams!

No problem :smile:
Reply 151
One week😨
Does anyone have a link of the exam paper and/or the mark scheme?
2015 official exams and markschemes wont be released till 2016
For my coursework, it was based on animal shelter, i got A* 79/80
Original post by ItzPenez
For my coursework, it was based on animal shelter, i got A* 79/80

And for i done the 2015 past paper as a mock and got A* which means i got A* overall
Reply 156
BS
If i have a high C in my coursework(That's all i know) what would i need to get in this exam to get a B over all?
Is it risky going into this ICT exam with hardly no revision? I just think it is nearly all common sense.
does anyone know what its most likely to be on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending