The Student Room Group

Law Application 2016 - Current Law Students and Applicants!

Hi Everyone, ideally i'd like to do straight law LLB at a Russell Group uni starting in 2016. I'm currently doing my AS-Levels now, and I'm positive i can get A's and B's, however i'm worried my GCSE grades may have already let me down (1A*3A 3B 1C). For the whole two years of my gcses i barely worked and wasn't focussed at all, but this year I've worked 10x as hard with the hope i can turn things around. The dream is Bristol followed by Newcastle, Exeter and other unis on par. Does anybody who's applied for law or is currently studying law have any advice for me? Am i wasting my time with law? and should i begin to consider other subjects/courses?
Reply 1
You're not wasting your time with law, if that's what you want to do then do it! Apart from Oxbridge, most uni's only care about your AS subjects and grades achieved. Most ask for a B in English and Maths. As long as you have this and achieve good A-level results then you should stand a fair chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
thank you, I got an A in Maths (IGCSE) and a B in English Language:smile:
Reply 3
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431383387.850469.jpg if you look down at GCSE requirements there are no specific requirements. This is however for 2015 entry so may change next year but I assume by not that much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending