The Student Room Group

Student finance term payments

How does student finance usually separate the payments per term? I have it all set up and ready to go - but the payments on the website is still for last years payments so I can't see how much I'll be getting per term yet. Anyone else have the same issue?

I get just over £9,600 maintenance loan and grant and really need to start trying to budget how much I have to spend per month/week etc. I know it's early but I didn't last year and wasted so much money! So I need to this year..
Its pretty much a payment at the start of every term so September, January then April or may (depending on if your final year or not )
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Its pretty much a payment at the start of every term so September, January then April or may (depending on if your final year or not )

Yeah no I know that, but I need to know how much exactly. Like is it divided a specific % each term? Or randomly or? Why isn't the student finance website telling me :cry::cry:
Original post by stemmery
Yeah no I know that, but I need to know how much exactly. Like is it divided a specific % each term? Or randomly or? Why isn't the student finance website telling me :cry::cry:

Its roughly a 33% each payment then assume you could get a bit say £100 more on the last payment, hope that helps
Original post by claireestelle
Its roughly a 33% each payment then assume you could get a bit say £100 more on the last payment, hope that helps

Yeah, you get a little bit more over the summer. If you get the full grant, you get £1 less grant for your final payment; but more loan from what I remember.

It's split 33% / 33% / 34%
Original post by OU Student
Yeah, you get a little bit more over the summer. If you get the full grant, you get £1 less grant for your final payment; but more loan from what I remember.

Having looked I got £20 more grant this tern but then the welsh system is a little different to England's :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by OU Student

Is it really? Looking from last year, I got a bit more during second term than first..

Edit: Nevermind, it's not haha!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending