Meee. But I'll be a postgrad. :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
I'll be there. :cool:
Reply 3
ledzep..you still have UCL to hear from!
Reply 4
hmm..to what ever coward that gave me bad rep for my above post id just like to clarify:

1) im not a bitter Durham reject (im still waiting for reply)
2) ive been rejected by UCL
3) i just assume that everyone loves living in London :redface:

besides..even if i do get rejected by Durham why would i be bitter? Nottingham is seen as a level above Durham either way...it would just mean id lose an insurance..

anyway..anyone wanna come clean and apologise? or do i just have to assume its OP who did it :redface:

honestly the cowards on this forum..always afraid of retaliation.

p.s...if youre gonna bad rep me with a fact atleast get it right:

Law

Entry Standards Overall Score
1 Cambridge 518 100.0
2 Oxford 504 97.9
3 Univ Coll London 478 96.9
4 LSE 474 96.1
5 Aberdeen 427 95.1
6 Durham 464 94.9

mmmk?
Id imagine most people would hate to live in london actually.

(Wasnt me who negged you)
Reply 6
I'll be there! I'll be a fuddy duddy old 4th year....:p:
Looking forward to meetups! :biggrin:
Reply 7
lol no one seems to be "inbetween" for London.

its either : "i hate it..too noisy, expensive" or.."i love it..shops!..location! companies!".
Reply 8
abrp
lol no one seems to be "inbetween" for London.

its either : "i hate it..too noisy, expensive" or.."i love it..shops!..location! companies!".

I'd say I'm in between. I'd like to live and work there for a few years for the reasons you stated above, but I do think that the noise and stuf would get to me after a few years having grown up in the Lake District.
Reply 9
I hate London with a passion, I'm a right grumpy git whenever I'm down there lol!!

And on the topic of the thread, nope I won't be there! :frown:

Though will be back plenty as friends in 4th year will still be there! :biggrin:
Reply 10
dobbs

Though will be back plenty as friends in 4th year will still be there! :biggrin:

That was a major motivation for me staying in Durham for a year :p: plus if all goes well I get to live in Trevs, woo
Reply 11
Well if I get the grades then I will probably be going to Durham :p:
Reply 12
abrp
ledzep..you still have UCL to hear from!

I know mate, I was wondering about the two actually. But to be honest, I don't really want to go to university in London. I seriously don't fancy grotty accomodation and a long commute for the second and third years! Anyway, I plan to get a job there, so would rather spend the next three or four years somewhere else!! Although, I'll probably have a look 'round if I get an offer, just for peace of mind. That said, I love Durham and I'm unlikely to be swayed. I just vastly prefer it, and I don't think that the negligible, if any, difference for employment warrants taking UCL.

And here's the previous year's Law league table :wink: :

1 Cambridge 5* A 512 88 100.0
2 Oxford 5* B 489 86 97.1
3 Durham 5* A 451 84 96.2
4 University College London 5* A 432 84 95.4

:p:

I think they're seen as about even for Law, fluctuating around the top 5 in league tables. And with regards to the 2006 one, I'll discount Aberdeen as Scotland wouldn't give me the right degree.

How do you mean, "Nottingham is seen as a level above Durham"? Durham beats them for Law every single year...?

Sorry to hear about the UCL rejection btw; best of luck with Durham!

Oh, and the neg-repper wasn't me either by the way!
Reply 13
Man Dobbs, since you're leaving, you better come to this years barbie. Ive seen far too little of you guys this year... and the first crawl was so nice!
ledzep4eva
I know mate, I was wondering about the two actually. But to be honest, I don't really want to go to university in London. I seriously don't fancy grotty accomodation and a long commute for the second and third years! Anyway, I plan to get a job there, so would rather spend the next three or four years somewhere else!! Although, I'll probably have a look 'round if I get an offer, just for peace of mind. That said, I love Durham and I'm unlikely to be swayed. I just vastly prefer it, and I don't think that the negligible, if any, difference for employment warrants taking UCL.

And here's the previous year's Law league table :wink: :

1 Cambridge 5* A 512 88 100.0
2 Oxford 5* B 489 86 97.1
3 Durham 5* A 451 84 96.2
4 University College London 5* A 432 84 95.4

:p:

I think they're seen as about even for Law, fluctuating around the top 5 in league tables. And with regards to the 2006 one, I'll discount Aberdeen as Scotland wouldn't give me the right degree.

How do you mean, "Nottingham is seen as a level above Durham"? Durham beats them for Law every single year...?

Sorry to hear about the UCL rejection btw; best of luck with Durham!

Oh, and the neg-repper wasn't me either by the way!

stop living in the past :biggrin: and it does for Economics which is what im applying for :redface:

ps dont worry you seem like a nice person so im sure it wosnt you..i dont give bad rep either way..just return good rep to those who give it to me.
Reply 15
abrp
stop living in the past :biggrin: and it does for Economics which is what im applying for :redface:

ps dont worry you seem like a nice person so im sure it wosnt you..i dont give bad rep either way..just return good rep to those who give it to me.

Lol! Ah cool, I thought you were applying for Law! Cool. Well, good luck with your Durham app.; is it your first choice? What college?
im goin to accept durham as my insurance for Sport.
i have been accepted by St cuths - does that mean i will def have a place at the college if its my insurance?
Reply 17
RobbieC
Man Dobbs, since you're leaving, you better come to this years barbie. Ive seen far too little of you guys this year... and the first crawl was so nice!

Depends when it is!

Third term is going to be AWESOME - with all my exams past me, no responsibility within college or sports....I cannot wait for it! It'll be like 1st year all crammed into 3 weeks :biggrin:
ledzep4eva
Lol! Ah cool, I thought you were applying for Law! Cool. Well, good luck with your Durham app.; is it your first choice? What college?

nah..my first choice was LSE then Oxford (both rejected)

but seing as im not an 10A* student i would have been v.happy to go to any one of them (2A*,8A...4A)...realistically my application should have looked like this:Oxford, Warwick, Notts, Durham, York, +?.

i applied to University College :redface:.
Reply 19
abrp
i applied to University College :redface:.

:yy:

Latest