The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Trinity Hall (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

And beyond that, past being one of the standard freshers week questions (when people want to keep the conversation going and no-one knows what else to ask) no-one gives a toss where you went to school.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 81
sean.phoenix
I'll look forward to there maybe being a pole in my room... Do guys have to wear light coloured/white shirts or are any plain ones fine?

I think that boys are allowed whatever they want as long as a tie is involved. Garish patterns would probably not be recommended though.
tarka
I think that boys are allowed whatever they want as long as a tie is involved. Garish patterns would probably not be recommended though.

Ah ok, thanks. Fortunately I don't own any garish patterns yet. Are there fancy dress shops close of TH? Having looked at the list of vivas coming up I think I'm gonna need one.
Hmm not really! I wish there was though..

I'm totally stuck for Superheros :s-smilie:
Reply 84
There is a joke shop near Magdalene that might sell fancy dress items. You don't need to spend a lot of money on costumes though, ebay can we good if you want to buy a random item that you might not need again.
i find tesco's sometimes quite good...managed to get a complete pirate set from there!
tarka
There is a joke shop near Magdalene that might sell fancy dress items. You don't need to spend a lot of money on costumes though, ebay can we good if you want to buy a random item that you might not need again.

Really? How on earth did I not know that?! This is going to solve all my problems. :biggrin:
Right, thanx! I'll make sure to see if the joke shop can stock me up on ropes/hats etc.
Reply 88
Sainsburys in the centre of town is good for Halloween items.
tarka
Sainsburys in the centre of town is good for Halloween items.

Yes though be early cos otherwise everything sells out!
Or you could use charity shop alley near the Grafton.
Reply 91
My application got sent off today... :eek:

Just wanted to say good luck to all my fellow Trinity Hall applicants wherever they may be! :biggrin:
I've just applied to Trinity Hall for Classics. I went to the Open Day on 20th september and really loved it. anyone else applying for classics/go to that open day?
I'm applying to Tit Hall for Economics. Good luck to everyone applying (which includes myself)

I know this is a very inactive thread, but I still would like to ask a question.
I come from Canada, and from my teacher, I learned that Cambridge isn't quite accessible to international students. Is this true?
Reply 94
Leprechaun
I'm applying to Tit Hall for Economics. Good luck to everyone applying (which includes myself)

I know this is a very inactive thread, but I still would like to ask a question.
I come from Canada, and from my teacher, I learned that Cambridge isn't quite accessible to international students. Is this true?

I wouldn't say so, there's plenty of international students in college, and one guy in the first year is from Canada. For obvious reasons, you're going to find more British people here than any other nationality, but if you've got the ability, you won't loose out just because you're an international.
Now I have researched more about Trinity Hall, I feel that my previous question is quite silly.
Reply 96
I thought I'd resurrect this thread from the dead to say that I got an offer!

Hopefully I will seeing more of this beautiful college come September :smile:
GerardT
I thought I'd resurrect this thread from the dead to say that I got an offer!

Hopefully I will seeing more of this beautiful college come September :smile:

Same!!!
Wow, I hopefully will be seeing you in September! (I will be a Bio Natsci :love: )
xxx
Hope I will see you all in October! :smile:

I'm in Economics by the way.
Congratulations to all of you - see you in October! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending