The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Merton College (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ghostlady
That's great, thanks for the input everyone. My daughter was torn between Balliol and Merton,(she did UNIQ at Balliol) and she has decided to try for Merton as she liked the college and everything they had to offer. Obviously you don't always get the college, but its worth a go :smile: So Ahmed's is that the mertons college dedicated food truck then? I hear colleges are committed to one and stick with it and wont go to any other lol

It is the closest one to college yes, but because Merton's 2nd year accommodation on Holywell street is closer to another (Hassan's) I think we tend to not be as loyal as other places!

Also: I'm a little out of date so this might have changed now!
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
I'm applying to Merton this year for Biochem. Do you all have any tips for interview?
Original post by avtomat
I'm applying to Merton this year for Biochem. Do you all have any tips for interview?

Hey, I'm a current Merton student-although I'm happy to give some advice on interviews, if you email Merton they can put you in touch with a biochem student!

So interviews:
- don't panic
- don't be competitive with the other applicants
- remember what you put in your personal statement
- don't say you've read about a topic when you haven't! the tutors might ask!
- relax when you're not actually having an interview
- the JCR helpers are there to help; please go to them if you need anything!
- take your time to think before replying to a question during the interviews (avoid word-vomit!)
- make sure you're on time to your interview-you don't need to feel stressed because you're late
- speak to friends and family in your free time: it'll help keep you calm!

Hope this helps! :smile: please message me if you need anything else! :smile:
Also, Merton students have set up an instagram page with more useful info on what it's like to be a student: @mertonjcraccess - please follow!
Also anyone thinking about merton: search humans of merton on fb, there's some good stuff on there 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending