The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Literature: Grade Boundaries

Hey Guys, I wanted to ask how everyone found their Prose and Poetry exams in terms of difficulty. I did OMAM and Jekyll and Hyde and the set questions were relatively easy. For Poetry, I studied 'Taking A Stand' as well as the common unseen question. I again did relatively well. For the past 2 years, for an A*, you could have lost 41 marks...do you think this will change this year? Will it increase? Thanks for responding :smile:
Reply 1
Found that quite a few people who did the second section and the question beneath 'Clashes and Collisions' found it relatively difficult so it could possibly decrease a few marks? Or the the simplicity of the Prose exam could just nullify it and keep it more or less the same.
Reply 2
Original post by Akashi
Found that quite a few people who did the second section and the question beneath 'Clashes and Collisions' found it relatively difficult so it could possibly decrease a few marks? Or the the simplicity of the Prose exam could just nullify it and keep it more or less the same.

I'm glad you did well too :smile: Yeah I agree with you - we have to bear in mind that there is only one boundary which has to reflect all the different books as well as all 4 sections of the anthology. Would you by chance know how hard the first and third sections were?
Reply 3
Original post by aRandomGuy
I'm glad you did well too :smile: Yeah I agree with you - we have to bear in mind that there is only one boundary which has to reflect all the different books as well as all 4 sections of the anthology. Would you by chance know how hard the first and third sections were?

I have no clue unfortunately :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending