The Student Room Group

Have I messed up?

Today my friend was talking about how he thought he'd got the quesiton numbers mixed up on the gcse english paper, and it has got me really worrying that I may have done the same?

Even though it is very unlikely, what do you think would happen if I had put the wrong number, even though I specified in my intoduction which uestion I was answering using keywords from the question? Would I basically get 0 marks or would the examiner be nice?

Please help!!!
In my experience, this wouldn't be that much of an issue. After my GCSE English exam (I can't remember which), I was horrified to remember that I'd mixed up the authors' names for the most part of one particular question. I was sure I was going to be failed for this sole reason. To my surprise, this rather careless mistake didn't hinder my grade at all. Given the stupidity of my mistake (in comparison to yours), I shouldn't think that you'd be penalised merely for mixing the question numbers up, as (as you've said yourself) you can't be certain that you made a mistake and even if you did, you made clear use of the key words of each question to indicate which particular question you were answering.

I'm sure you've got nothing to worry about, good luck with the rest of your exams :smile:
Oh my god, now I think that I put in question 3 instead of 13 in my booklet... Fudge 😰

I think you still got marks, you did use the language from the question. I, on the other hand, didn't... craft 😨😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending