The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
For question 6, I used a lot of direct address highlighting ways in which they can change there ways but didn't explicitly say whether I was for or against, would this be an issue?
Original post by Suzie17
Nah that's like a good 'alternate' view! :smile: i remember being really stressed out by the time i got to it ? :':wink: i said something about the contrast in imagery between the like rich bit and poor bit showed the contrast between those types of people

and how like the indians being outnumbered in their own city shows though we gave them independence they're still oppressed?

none of my ideas were phrased well though, i was too stressed about timings

lol thanks, hopefully i managed to pick up a few marks :biggrin: that sounds good too, i didn't really see that!
And i'm the same....whenever we get past papers back I always find I've missed out halves of words and stuff!
Original post by Major Wilson
What did you think of Source 2?

The "Admit it. You love cheap clothes" one

I thought it was quite good as there was a lot you could say about it. I mainly spoke about the repetition and rhetorical questions and how it makes the reader feel guilt and shape..
Original post by nadiakms
Isn't 72/80 an A* in your C/A

yeah, it might be, not very sure!
What we thinking for an A and A* boundary?

Want it to be low, as I'm unsure whether I've done well or not
Original post by stubyyyyy
yeah, it might be, not very sure!

it has been the last few years
Did anyone else disagree with the statement in question 6?
I sort of went around it in a strange way, like I addressed it as if the statement was from a section of someone's article.
I made my title 'Powerful People' and instead spoke about how young people are trying to make the world better through things like feminism, same sex marriage and uniting the world idek
I would say it was pretty 'sassy', ended it with 'Join the revolution'
seriously felt as if there was a massive explosion behind me
Hello Year 11s! What were the creative writing questions about? :h:

:woo: I hope you all thought the exam was alright! I'm sure you've all done great! :woo:
Original post by Salma_SDKA
I did too because then i could include humour and satire by mocking the wealthy teenagers.

I 'disagreed' with the quote, but so that I could do a satire too- I wrote the whole thing sarcastically, pretending to be really against the quote like "teens are so obviously more generous look at them on their phones, helping other people out" that sort of thing- but I don't know if it was clear enough that it was a satire! I don't want them to think I genuinely disagreed with it and just used loads of OTT language :frown: I've never practised so I didn't really know what I was doing! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kugelmugel
79.5% overall for an A* last year (exam and coursework)

72.25% overall for an A (ditto)

So lets say 80% and 72%

B was 64%

You'd need 82.5% in the exam, aka 66 marks I believe :smile:

If anyone else wants me to work it out for them, I'd be happy to! I can't guarantee I'm right, but I think I am :smile:

Good luck today everyone! (I did my GCSEs last year, so sat the 2014 paper, in case anyone wondered!)

Hi, I got 71/80 in my coursework and i was wandering if you could work out what I need to get an A* overall!
Were both question 5 and 6 informal? Or was question 6 meant to be formal. I did informal tone 4 both..
Did we have to write a headline in q6

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gingerbread101
Hello Year 11s! What were the creative writing questions about? :h:

:woo: I hope you all thought the exam was alright! I'm sure you've all done great! :woo:

One was about 'describe a place that you won't forget' or something, and the last one was whether or not you thought young people needed to do more to help out people in poor countries. They were okay, thank you! I hope so too :s
It was all on the theme of poverty in Asia and children working in sweatshops.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 67 in my coursework, what would I need to get an A overall?
Original post by TH3-FL45H

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably meant to, yeah, although I doubt they'd be too harsh as long as your article had language devices, appropriate tone, the usual :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NavyBlueBear99
One was about 'describe a place that you won't forget' or something, and the last one was whether or not you thought young people needed to do more to help out people in poor countries. They were okay, thank you! I hope so too :s
It was all on the theme of poverty in Asia and children working in sweatshops.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing my AS Levels, so I wasn't doing the exam :giggle: I've just been helping out a lot of GCSE students so wanted to see how everyone got on :h:

Hm, they seem alright :yes: Was the first one a blog or a (newspaper) article?
How many marks would you get in Q4 if you compared source 1 and 2, not 3?
Original post by TH3-FL45H

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would give you structure marks and show the examiner that you understand the genre and can use the conventions, but you don't have to include one :nah: You probably can't get full marks without one, but you could still be very close :yep:
Original post by Salma_SDKA
I did too because then i could include humour and satire by mocking the wealthy teenagers.

I disagreed and said why don't adults take some responsibility and then mocked how they blame everything on the kids... :/ I wasn't sure about what to say
Original post by Gingerbread101
I'm doing my AS Levels, so I wasn't doing the exam :giggle: I've just been helping out a lot of GCSE students so wanted to see how everyone got on :h:

Hm, they seem alright :yes: Was the first one a blog or a (newspaper) article?

blog

Latest

Trending

Trending