The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TrueDAN
It certainly is! I mentioned something similar to that to - something about the exploitation of the children and the insurmountable workload they have to do shown by the scale of clothes he made, this links to the text *16 hours days* and they have *no days off*.' Moreover, the image is off centre to reveal the Machinery he has to use which looks dangerous etc etc

thankyouuuuy I ran out of time and wish I inserted more but wow such great ideas I think I struggled with my vocab for both sections although vocab doesn't matter in sec A
Original post by rumana101
it is you can check on june 2014 grade boundaries, they have always been around that mark

Oh you're right I just checked. Seems incredibly low though and only 3% of people get this mark?! It must be marked quite harshly then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 582
Original post by Humzaawan123
I have a question , if I only wrote 2 paragraphs for question 2 what is the maximum I can get. Also how many marks do you loose for not writing enough

you just won't get in the top band, mark scheme says 'detailed response', shouldn't lose many depending on the quality of the response x
Reply 583
Original post by rumana101
is that for this year?

no just an average x
Original post by cm00
I find it strange that you're telling people the question was to argue for or against if you didn't do the exam.

I did the exam, and so did my partner. We both remember it said to argue your view AGAINST the given view point. (that children in our country have it too easy and don't do enough to help poor children in other countries). I am almost certain that you have to argue AGAINST this view - you do not get to choose.

In past papers they always clearly told you to argue FOR or AGAINST but they did not do so this time. I wish we had the question so we can check it again. I already emailed my tutor about it.

I apologise if this is the case- it has been in every other exam and I'll do my best to try and find out what the exact wording of the question was. I'm simply giving my advice and doing my best to offer help. I don't have to do this and I have my own A Level exams to revise for yet having gained full UMS in my GCSE English Language and being a Study Helper I try my best to offer any help I can.
Original post by dancergirler
q6

Alrighty, the mark scheme doesn't specifically say anything about the length of your answer, however for Band 4 'detailed' is mentioned a couple of times. If your use of techniques is good you might still manage to sneak in there though :h:
Original post by eza11
you just won't get in the top band, mark scheme says 'detailed response', shouldn't lose many depending on the quality of the response x

My teacher had taught us to write 2 very detailed paragraphs and you can easily get into the top band 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
i wrote for the quote in q6. will i get any marks
Original post by nadiakms
thankyouuuuy I ran out of time and wish I inserted more but wow such great ideas I think I struggled with my vocab for both sections although vocab doesn't matter in sec A

Haha no prob! Hope you do well! :smile:
Original post by Mxz123
Surprisingly, I found question 4 quite easy. But question 3 was hard the source was vague. There was little to interpret about her thoughts and feelings, the whole thing was pretty much the description of the place. I thought it was gonna be the easiest question because it has been pretty straight forward in previous years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i totally agree. q3 was way to vaagaue and had very little descriptions of its feelings, it had many thoughts and i could only interpret 5 or 6 things about it
For the clarification and peace of mind of everyone who took this exam-

Can anyone remember the exact wording of Question 6? :h:
Original post by gcseLAD99
i wrote for the quote in q6. will i get any marks

Depends on what you wrote if it fits in nicely and goes in well you probably will get a mark, if not you can't lose a mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 591
Original post by The Panic Queen
My teacher had taught us to write 2 very detailed paragraphs and you can easily get into the top band 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh maybe then! not sure just what mr buff says, he was an ex- exam marker and said they look at how many pages you have filled.. I'm sure if they are good quality and very detailed you will be in top band!! :smile:
Original post by Gingerbread101
For the clarification and peace of mind of everyone who took this exam-

Can anyone remember the exact wording of Question 6? :h:

Every single person I spoke to at my school remembers it as argue YOUR view
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Panic Queen
Depends on what you wrote if it fits in nicely and goes in well you probably will get a mark, if not you can't lose a mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

well i dont know whether the question was for or against the quote so i may have done it completely wrong
what feelings did you all include for q3
Original post by Emily388
Every single person at my school remembers it as argue YOUR view

Thanks for this, I'll keep looking until someone can remember the exact wording though, just to be sure :h:
Original post by Jitesh
How on earth did you get 16/16 in your mock for q4
That is almost unheard of! You must be gifted

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou! I appreciate it ! I don't know, I just really feel passionate about English and enjoy and i quite like picking out the language and comparison etc.. But it compensates for my lacking in the mathematics department !
What feelings and thoughts did people write?
Surprised/shocked-first cycled through
Unemotional-block the slaves and stuff out since there's nothing you could do
Content- felt like home
😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone still has unanswered questions then please quote me, this thread is moving quite fast and I can't tell if everyone has had a response :redface:
What was the answer to the isomer question? Was it functional group?

Latest

Trending

Trending