The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thehighlighter
i don't think so, i wrote about charity events and how it helps people in poorer countries so its still revelant, i doubt you'd lose that many marks over it providing you used a range of language features as you said you did

I also included statistics and talked about charity events raised from young people for undeveloped countries.
guyyyysss i need helppppp pleaseeeeeeeee. i got 68/80 in controlled assessment . what mark should i get in the exam to get overall B?
Original post by thehighlighter
In my school if someones late they just carry on whilst everyone else leaves

The same thing happened to me today. I was 15 minutes late and the invigalater*** told me to continue writing.
Original post by Motorheadfan96
In question six i aruged that I believed that young people don't take things for granted, how much did i **** up?

You didnt as long as you can make a convincing case for it
Original post by Conor1998
I do higher...

It was on children taking things for granted.
Original post by Emily388
In Q5 I wrote more description, and my explanation about why it was special to me wasn't great. Could I pull it back if as a whole it was decent?

Please help, I'm getting worried
For Q2 picture analysis I talked about how you can't see a window so it's "out of sight" etc. and how the other boy was blurred out because "we, the consumers" want the "pretty thing" so we don't care about the "brutal conditions" behind it and only see half of the process. Are these good or bad ideas?
Reply 787
Please help, I'm getting worried

That's what you're suppose to write! Descriptive writing is what gains you the most marks if you use good language techniques. Don't worry.
Original post by WhizzKidhehe:)
THE HELL? THIS IS AMAZING LOOL :O WOW aha MIND = BLOWN xD

Thankyou! :biggrin:
I'm hoping the examiner thinks so as well!!!!
Original post by nadiakms
Did majority of the people do for instead of against? I feel so suicidal rn like wtf i swear it said argue your view poing

In order to hit the top bands, you have to talk from both points of view. So answering your question, I covered both.
Original post by Srayog
That's what you're suppose to write! Descriptive writing is what gains you the most marks if you use good language techniques. Don't worry.

Thanks, I was panicking that my justification was weak, but think my description was alright.
For Question 4 did I do okay: I talked about emotive/ descriptive language and how in source 3 she desribes "rubbish tips" connotations of that and in source 2 about "brutal conditions" and connotations of brutal and then said how its plosive sound emphasises harshness of conditions which makes reader feel more empathy for these workers. Wrote about two sides but then came back at end and talked about how in source three she uses list of three to describe the charming snakes and peanut vendors (something like that) then said about how magical the city is. But in source 2 there is lots of direct address through personal pronouns of "you" to make reader feel guilt as if its their fault. So, about 3-4 sides. What do you think?

Is that okay for 6 marks even?
Reply 792
Thanks, I was panicking that my justification was weak, but think my description was alright.

It's okay, you should as long as you got your point across to the examiner in detail, stop worrying :smile:
guyyyysss i need helppppp pleaseeeeeeeee. i got 68/80 in controlled assessment . what mark should i get in the exam to get overall B?
For Q2 about the effect of the image :

Did anyone talk about the young boy in the back back ground that his eyes was closed this links to the words in the article "Blind Eye" this shows that he is weak and these are the only jobs which they can get as they have been brought up in this society .(something like that but I can't remember)

Also another point I made that links to the text .

In the image there are 2 young male this contradicts the statement "60 million child labours" this shows ..... Bla blah
Reply 795
Original post by TheBlackHookage
In order to hit the top bands, you have to talk from both points of view. So answering your question, I covered both.

This is kind of correct. You have to take one of point of view and argue it well, but you also have to think of two arguments someone might make against your view and counter those arguments preemptively in your answer. If that's what you mean, then yes that's right.

You can't just argue both sides of the argument.
(edited 8 years ago)
Guys in question 6 I only write 2 pages (I struggled for time) however in those 2 pages I'm sure everything was A* level as I included all techniques - advanced punctuation, being manipulstive ect... But will I lose marks because of quantity?
If anyone feels bad just remember for question 4 I compared source 1 and 2 instead of source 3 and another source bc I started panicking over time and didn't read the question properly:smile::smile::smile: I then realised I'd done it wrong with one minute to go and nearly had a panick attack, there goes my target of an A*!!1! I've never cried so much over an exam in my life I'm so annoyed at myself I'm such an idiot
Original post by bethgrace99
If anyone feels bad just remember for question 4 I compared source 1 and 2 instead of source 3 and another source bc I started panicking over time and didn't read the question properly:smile::smile::smile: I then realised I'd done it wrong with one minute to go and nearly had a panick attack, there goes my target of an A*!!1! I've never cried so much over an exam in my life I'm so annoyed at myself I'm such an idiot

I beg you will pass . And I won't . If I pass I will be over the moon and back but I wish the examiner was in are boots .
Reply 799
so does the general consensus say it was "argue your point of view" for q6

Latest

Trending

Trending