The Student Room Group

Flat tummy in 1 month

I'm going on holiday on June 30th and have a bit of chub on my tummy. I would say everywhere else on my body is ok and isn't bothering me but my stomach sort of sticks out. I've been eating lots the past few months and rarely do exercise but I want to change this and get at least a little bit more trim within the next month. I'm female and do not want to pay for extra things e.g gym or DVD. Is there any apps or routines that have worked for anyone. Any help is welcomed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anime29
I'm going on holiday on June 30th and have a bit of chub on my tummy. I would say everywhere else on my body is ok and isn't bothering me but my stomach sort of sticks out. I've been eating lots the past few months and rarely do exercise but I want to change this and get at least a little bit more trim within the next month. I'm female and do not want to pay for extra things e.g gym or DVD. Is there any apps or routines that have worked for anyone. Any help is welcomed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do sit ups etc, just keep on moving around like running, and you will soon see results- but you might want to cut down on how much you eat, or try and just eat healthy foods, not chocolate, crisps etc
Reply 2
Start off drinking 4-6 litres of water a day. You will piss like a race horse but you will be ridding your body of toxins & potential water retention. Sounds weird drinking water to rid of water, but it works.

Sort yourself a little plan out, You can find several free exercises online which are beneficial to women which require no weights, just your body weight. Also use YouTube, you can probably find exercise videos on there to follow, but take it easy.

Once your exercise plan is all planned out and ready to go, spend a few hours putting together a good strict diet. Myfitnesspal is a brilliant free app/website to track your calories.

If you are serious about making changes in a month, you will need to be strict. You won't make massive changes but you may shed a few inches/pounds if done correctly.

I would also advise buying a green tea extract or the tea bags themselves, to assist with the detox.
Reply 3
Original post by Mysterious4
Do sit ups etc, just keep on moving around like running, and you will soon see results- but you might want to cut down on how much you eat, or try and just eat healthy foods, not chocolate, crisps etc

Sit Ups don't give you a flat tummy, they will tone your abdominal muscles. If your abs are covered by a layer of fat, then well the sit ups are pointless.
Reply 4
Running is good short term 'immediate' weight loss tactic. Or you could try HIT. Both can be done for free and are great especially now that we have sunshine (no more wet clothes or body parts rubbing :indiff:)
Reply 5
Yeah drinking water and lots of it is good, running and cycling is great do it everyday if you can. I drink four glasses of water in the morning and then run for an hour, mind you i wake up at 5:30 to give time to do other stuff aswell.
General exercise and not sitting around helps like ill avoid sitting down for ages. Eating healthy for a month is easy, just cook your own food if you can use olive oil and stick to non carb stuff for quick weight loss, however you will put some of it straight back when you go back to old routine. Good luck :smile:
cut your carbs, increase your protein and greens. If you can add 30 mins cardio a day would be great and if you could do 30mins cardio morning and 30 mins cardio evening would be even better.
Good look.
P.S lack of carbs will make you grumpy for a couple of days and your breath will be toxic :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by JakeyWV
Sit Ups don't give you a flat tummy, they will tone your abdominal muscles. If your abs are covered by a layer of fat, then well the sit ups are pointless.

Whilst this is true that they will not reduce fat in this area (spot fat reduction is most definitely not possible) they are certainly not pointless. The will still increase your core strength and build muscle in your abdominal region - it has been proven that the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn day to day and so this is only a benefit for weight loss.

Having said this, the 'abs' muscles are relatively small and so you'd struggle to build enough muscle here alone to make a visible difference to your weight loss but every little helps right?!
For this reason, OP, I would advise getting into weight training although doing this without any cost may be difficult - got any heavy furniture you don't mind throwing about?

Another advantage to doing ab work before you get rid of your belly fat is that when you do start to shed the pounds from your stomach then you'll notice it much faster due to the increased muscle mass below (getting that 'toned' look much quicker). This will act as a great motivator for you to keep working at it!

Hope that helps?
For me personally my tummy flatness is totally related to diet. I can be exercising like crazy, but if my diet in not on point my stomach will still look horrible. For me, my stomach looks at its best when I:
Avoid foods which cause bloating (for me personally this tends to be dairy, alcohol, eggs and red meat, for others this may be carbs).
Eat at a caloric deficit. Count your calories using MFP.
Avoid foods high in sodium and drink plenty of water to avoid water retention.
Eat plenty of fibre, as nothing bloats me like good old constipation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Lookup thebodycoach on instagram- he's a popular fitness instructor. Now you don't HAVE to buy his meal and fitness program but on instagram he post fat burning recipes and occasional treats under his 'leanin15' plan. Therefore, you have a well rounded idea of what foods to eat for each meal and snacks and most importantly regarding the flat stomach in a month is exercise alongside the diet. He recommends HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) that lasts around 15-30 minutes and you do these short workouts 3-5 times a week. Just check out his page there is soooo many testimonials of peoples results on his program. But like I said you don't actually have to buy his plan just follow the way he eats and his recipes on instagram and use his HIIT workouts on YouTube 3 or 4 times a week or any HIIT workout really as long as you follow the concept and you should see results! Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 10
Thank you for all your replies ill collate suggestions together and hopefully will be fitter next month!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eat 1650 calories a day. Simple as that. Count them and make sure you never go over.

Original post by anime29
Thank you for all your replies ill collate suggestions together and hopefully will be fitter next month!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just try to cut out as much junk as possible, and the advice others have given are good imo :smile:
There's 7 rules to losing weight (and therefore fat). It doesn't matter if you're a bodybuilder, regular person, athlete, boy, girl, man, woman, baby, IT DOESNT MATTER

Work out your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) ok you probably don't have to. I can guess you're not obese and probably between 16&25 therefore I'm going to guess its roughly 1,900 calories per day (assuming you do no exercise)

So if you eat 1,900 calories per day. You will maintain your weight forever.

7 rules to weight & fat loss:

1. Eat 300 calories less than your BMR (so eat 1600 calories per day)
2. Exercise for at least 25 minutes, 3 times per week. Running is the best. Just put on your running shoes at 7am and go for it.
3. Drink at least 2litres of water per day.
4. Get at least 7 hours sleep per night
5. Treat yourself to one cheat meal per week (take-away or whatever). Don't go mad on portions though.
6. Eat at least 3 different fruits per day
7. Stay positive. Think healthy and your body will believe it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is a very specific way to "Shred" excess weight and tighten the body, famously done by Bodybuilders for competitions. Basically just cut out 90% of Carbohydrates from your body and excessive cardio exercise. This forces your body to dig into your Fat supply and hence burn away excess body fat, lowering the Body Fat Percentage.

How I do this is simply stop eating Carbohydrates and supplement the lost food with extra protein. Protein can't turn into carbohydrate energy but repairs muscle, so no muscle mass is lost in excess.

But this requires cardio equipment for ease if anything! Otherwise you'll have to be running a fair bit over the next month!
Reply 15
Hi anime29,All I can say is you should in a natural way. Like jogging, diet and keep on moving all the time. There is nothing wrong if you go to the gym or purchase some program that offers online. I think if you combine these 2 methods you got of success.
you can only lose 4-5 pounds in one month without it being unhealthy
why am i replying to a 5 year post lol
Original post by Simply_favy
Check this video on what u would be doing to get flat tummy #flattummyrecipe

This is a 7yr old post
Original post by anime29

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find if you aren’t wanting to go to the gym or do too intense workouts then go for walks. An hour or two a day with a podcast on, you can go for a more intense hike if you wanna trim down faster but it’s a really easy way to loose weight. Also things like Joe Wicks HIIT workouts on Youtube

Latest