The Student Room Group

Rank your a levels in order of most fun to least fun

Scroll to see replies

Most fun - Maths
Middle - Economics
Least fun - English (absolutely terrible I can't even bring myself to read the book I have an exam on in a few days; not sure why I chose it).
Reply 61
Fun?? A Levels?? These are words which should never be used in the same sentence.
none are fun
Best-Maths
Middle-Physics
Worst-Chemistry
Most enjoyable:
Economics
Business

Maths

Physics (**** this piece of **** subject and it's equally ****ty exam board....although its interesting outside of school)
Couldnt agree more,I love physics but the way edexcel have done our a level, its dreadfully dull
Original post by MintyMilk
Further Maths
Maths
Physics
English Language

Doesn't mean Physics in general isn't fun, in fact the opposite, it's just that it's seemingly boring at a-level.
Original post by Dark-Knight1
Best-Maths
Middle-Physics
Worst-Chemistry

Well chemistry doesn't like you either
Most Fun : Chemistry
Then Maths, Further maths
Least: Physics (F*ck Edexcel)
Original post by IvoryToast
Couldnt agree more,I love physics but the way edexcel have done our a level, its dreadfully dull

Least it's not OCR with 20 pages of standard answers
Reply 69
Most

Philosophy
Biology (Find it really difficult but it's still interesting)
History
Psychology (Feel like it would be incredibly interesting if not for my teacher :frown:)

Least
Reply 70
Some are genuinely enjoyable, some are good because the skills you learn are actually useful. I think the worst subjects are those that strike the unfortunate combination of being boring and also not very useful in terms of the skills they give you outside of an exam-orientated context.
Reply 71
Maths
Chemistry
Geography
Original post by youreanutter
is physics that bad
is it hard and what exam board
also what grades did u get in each for gcse and what are u getting now and what are ur plans for uni

Physics outside the as curriculum is actually quite interesting, but AQA takes all the dull stuff and sticks in their syllabus - the lessons bore me to death. I end up sleeping in most of them. Hence my lack of enthusiasm or the subject.

Got all a*s for gcses getting mainly As now (in year 12), looking to do maths at uni :biggrin:

Original post by Laurenafenete
Are you by any chance on OCR for physics?

nope, AQA :angry:
Original post by Luciferr
Physics outside the as curriculum is actually quite interesting, but AQA takes all the dull stuff and sticks in their syllabus - the lessons bore me to death. I end up sleeping in most of them. Hence my lack of enthusiasm or the subject.

Got all a*s for gcses getting mainly As now (in year 12), looking to do maths at uni :biggrin:

Im doing AQA physics..its abdolutely horrible and boring. I was falling asleep in the beginning lessons (first two months) and got so far behind i neveranaged to catch up.
Original post by Luciferr

is ocr better then?
1. English Literature
2. Geography
3. History
4. Maths
They're all great subjects so it's hard to rank but I find maths tedious compared to the other subjects as it's too objective and straightforward compared to the subjective nature of English Literature and the diversity of Geography and History.
Most: History.

Middle: Philosophy and Ethics.

Least: English Literature.
is ocr better then?

Oh god no!
Original post by Laurenafenete
Oh god no!

which is better for physics then
which is better for physics then

I have no idea about the other boards that teach physics but the OCR physics is notoriously hard and is known by many to be one of the hardest. I also do AQA chemistry and even though I find the ISAs harder the exam papers actually test you on things that are in the syllabus unlike OCR which are an abomination to take

Quick Reply

Latest