The Student Room Group

Maths

Do you think a university would let me still study with them if I have more then what I need A level wise but only a D in GCSE Maths?
depends on the course and university, but universities -tend- to focus more on your A-levels :smile: however if it's something like medicine, probably not, but you never know
Original post by melissaemmaa
Do you think a university would let me still study with them if I have more then what I need A level wise but only a D in GCSE Maths?

Don't you have to resit if you get less than a C??
Reply 3
Most have a minimum requirement of C in English and Maths sadly. So you'll probably need to retake the exam unless of course you do a maths a-level. :redface:
Reply 4
I am hoping to study Business which I got a Trippe Distinction in at college which was more then what I needed and I am about to sit my Maths GCSE next month but i'm just worried about what will happen if I still don't get my C, I am awful at Maths haha.
Reply 5
I am hoping to study Business which I got a Trippe Distinction in at college which was more then what I needed and I am about to sit my Maths GCSE next month but i'm just worried about what will happen if I still don't get my C, I am awful at Maths haha.

You don't necessarily even need good qualifications to do a degree, so I certainly don't think it'll matter too much if you don't get a C in the Maths GCSE. Only top universities will want good GCSE's as well as A levels. Even if you don't manage to get into a uni, but I'm sure you will, you could apply at the open university, which is widely respected, due to their stringent marking-so it just means you might have to work a bit harder, but it's also less pressure.

Good luck with your exam

Pretty sure you need a C in maths for university

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest