The Student Room Group

Redoing some modules and applying for medicine

So basically I don't think I'm going to do well enough to apply for medicine during A2, currently in AS, I don't think I will get higher than a BBB (Chemistry, bio and maths) and was wanting to stay at home and go A2 independently because of the long commute which I think has affected my ability to study, how will not going to college affect my chances of applying to med and can I even still apply it will I have to wait until A2 with such results and then look at unis, also how great of a role does what a teacher have to say play in my application ? So I guess what I'm asking is what are the disadvantages of staying at home during A2 with only BBB in AS and how can I tackle them?
[QUOTE=Abdie_A;56312013]So basically I don't think I'm going to do well enough to apply for medicine during A2, currently in AS, I don't think I will get higher than a BBB (Chemistry, bio and maths) and was wanting to stay at home and go A2 independently because of the long commute which I think has affected my ability to study, how will not going to college affect my chances of applying to med and can I even still apply it will I have to wait until A2 with such results and then look at unis, also how great of a role does what a teacher have to say play in my application ? So I guess what I'm asking is what are the disadvantages of staying at home during A2 with only BBB in AS and how can I tackle them?

A2 is hard and if you're struggling at AS with the aid of a teacher then I can only imagine how hard you'll find A2 without one.

Don't do itttt OP

Also how do you plan to apply through ucas with no college? Who'll write your reference?
Reply 2
Original post by Brownclown
A2 is hard and if you're struggling at AS with the aid of a teacher then I can only imagine how hard you'll find A2 without one.

Don't do itttt OP

Also how do you plan to apply through ucas with no college? Who'll write your reference?

That's what I was asking, if i could have my note AS teachers write my reference without having thought me at A2 and I'm sure I'll cope fine, since i don't think i learned anything from them, i pretty much just used online resources but still found it difficult because of total 3 hour commute every day leaving me very tired and not being able to do work during workdays and needing to catch up on sleep during weekends.
Reply 3
Original post by Brownclown

Don't do itttt OP

Also i wouldn't really say I'm struggling, i think I'll get maybe one A and 2 Bs for AS however i need better grades for medicine and feel like i can really excel if i just do the work alone rather than waste half the time on commute and being tired, also i was diagnosed with ADD so if i can get ABB without medication imagine what i can get with....

Quick Reply

Latest