The Student Room Group

Questions on working at Tesco (just started)

I have just started working at Tesco in the grocery department. I have done my induction. My first proper shift is tomorrow and I have a few questions.

- how long after starting will I receive my uniform and clock in card and how will I recieve it?

- until I get my clock in card what do I do when I get to work? Do I need to sign in at customer services so they know I'm in or anything like that?

- at my induction I watched someone on the till then I got a basket of items to scan being supervised then I went back to watching her serve customers. Do I get to serve customers on the checkout now?

- I haven't been shown or told what I'm supposed to be doing in grocery so when I go in I dont know what I'm supposed to be doing, I've just been left to it myself. What does a grocery person do day to day? How do I know what jobs need done everyday?

- I will have an hour break on my shifts but can I split my breaks up through the day? Do I just go on break whenever I want or do you get told when you can go for a break?
Why did you not ask all this at the induction?
why did you not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending