The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone applied for physiological science?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Name: James
Where from: Manchester
AS/A2 Subjects: Government and Politics, History, Sociology, Psychology (dropped)
AS/A2 Grades: AAAB (plus an A in EPQ), predicted AAA
Applied for: Politics and Social Policy

Got my offer today :biggrin:
Original post by Remainresilient_
Hey guys, just out of curiosity has anyone got an offer for Chemistry or Chemical Physics yet?

Nope. I applied on the 9th October, got a visit day invitation for Chemical Physics last week. It says for chemistry, offers are usually not made until you attended one of those sessions for UK based applicants. I said I wasn't going though, because I don't live in the UK.

I am not expecting an offer until after the proposed visit day. I hope my decision to not attend doesn't affect the chance of my offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RK1998
Anyone applying for economics with accounting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am! I applied on the 14th of October but no response from Bristol yet, you? I did however get an offer from Manchester.
Original post by KikiB17
I've applied to Bristol, Cambridge, Exeter, LSE and had an unconditional offer from Royal Holloway :smile: Congrats on your offers and good luck with your interview!

Congratulation on your unconditional offer!! Good luck with receiving other offers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have received my offer for Mathematics but have now been invited to a visit day. Is it worth the money on travel if I already have the offer? I have an interview at Manchester on the 12th November so if that goes well, I will putt Manchester as my insurance instead of Bristol.
Omar
AAAA in Physics, Bio, Chem, and Maths
predicted A*A*A*A in Further Maths(A2 and AS), Physics, Mathematics and Chem.
Offer: AAB Theoretical Physics MSci.
I am from London btw.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lucy5050
Congratulation on your unconditional offer!! Good luck with receiving other offers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 388
Original post by clairechenwen
I am! I applied on the 14th of October but no response from Bristol yet, you? I did however get an offer from Manchester.

I sent it the same week, but unfortunately the school didn't send it yet. Oh congrats for Manchester! I'm pretty sure Bristol will reply to you soon
Original post by emilykate153
That's great, now you have that offer in the bag then :biggrin: I'm not sure which will be my first choice yet, I suppose it depends on what offers I end up with, but I'm super excited about Bristol! Have you got an interview for Manchester yet by any chance? I've got one coming up this month and I'm pretty nervous haha

yeah, I've got one on the 18th of November- will be scary but also a good experience i guess :biggrin:
Original post by r055grn
yeah, I've got one on the 18th of November- will be scary but also a good experience i guess :biggrin:

Mine's on the 25th! Yeah I'll probably say it was a good experience after it's over haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have just received an offer to study geography at Bristol :smile: has anyone else received one or applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jed.sol
Just received an offer for geography with study abroad about 30mins ago, and I know someone who has one for straight geography. Hang in there, you'll get your offer eventually, they just take a while to come through :/

I have just received an offer to study geography! I am so excited! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emilykate153
Mine's on the 25th! Yeah I'll probably say it was a good experience after it's over haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

the interview shouldn't be toooo academic so hopefully it won't be anything that we can't answer
just got an invite to a visit day at midnight today haha :smile:, booked it for the 12th. Anyone going? (This is for chemistry)
Aerospace with a year in Continental Europe - A*AA offer received C:
just got an invite to a visit day at midnight today haha :smile:, booked it for the 12th. Anyone going? (This is for chemistry)

I got the invitation for Chemistry too, is Bristol your first choice? I'm not too pleased about the costs of the trip, just to visit a uni i might not go to/ get an offer from. :colonhash:
Original post by r055grn
the interview shouldn't be toooo academic so hopefully it won't be anything that we can't answer

I hope you're right! Good luck anyway :biggrin: !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joshthemathmo
I got the invitation for Chemistry too, is Bristol your first choice? I'm not too pleased about the costs of the trip, just to visit a uni i might not go to/ get an offer from. :colonhash:

You never know haha, might as well go! And yeah, I'm hoping to firm them, what about you?
You never know haha, might as well go! And yeah, I'm hoping to firm them, what about you?

That's very true, i will probably go tbf. I'm looking forward to meeting the other applicants, since they and you will be as enthusiastic about Chemistry as me :u:.
If things end well, i'll reject them, if things go not so well they'll most likely be my firm lol. Where else have you applied? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending