The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone had the email '
I am writing to let you know that we are still considering your application, but are not yet able to make a decision. We are assessing applications on a daily basis, but as we receive a large number of high-quality applications this may take a little while'? For economics L100

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 581
Original post by spmenz123
I am writing to let you know that we are still considering your application, but are not yet able to make a decision. We are assessing applications on a daily basis, but as we receive a large number of high-quality applications this may take a little while'? For economics L100

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just got that email, for Medicine A100

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just got this for Geography F800
I've had it for dentistry. Do you know what it means???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, had this for history v100. Hopefully its just automated and not indicative of anything else :s-smilie:
Original post by Alice1997
I've had it for dentistry. Do you know what it means???

When did you send your application off? It has been 5 weeks since I sent mine off and they say they aim to have a decision in 5 weeks. I'm hoping this is just an automated thing for once they've taken longer than 5 weeks.
Original post by KikiB17
When did you send your application off? It has been 5 weeks since I sent mine off and they say they aim to have a decision in 5 weeks. I'm hoping this is just an automated thing for once they've taken longer than 5 weeks.

Mine was about three and a half weeks ago, so it might not be that. Every course mentioned so far gets close to 1000 applications, so it really could just be that it's taking them longer than expected - hopefully nothing sinister!
Original post by ChuckHades
Mine was about three and a half weeks ago, so it might not be that. Every course mentioned so far gets close to 1000 applications, so it really could just be that it's taking them longer than expected - hopefully nothing sinister!

Oh ok :smile: Yeah hopefully.
Hoping its just an automated email a certain time after applying if you haven't received an offer yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miriamszlezinger
Me too! Received mine a few days ago, are you gonna firm it?

erm... i am still waiting to hear back from other 3 universities that i think i would prefer to go to, so unless i get rejections from these three universites, i don't think it is my top choice. you?
Original post by NOP97
When did you apply?

6th of October
Got an offer for Biology AAB :biggrin:
Has anyone got an offer for Maths?? If so when did you send your application and how long did it take to recieve the offer/ interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JPencil
Has anyone got an offer for Maths?? If so when did you send your application and how long did it take to recieve the offer/ interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

EU student, sent it the week before Cambridge deadline, they asked me for more information because I don't do A-levels on the 25th, got my offer the 10th. That's a month, but it should be shorter for UK students I believe. Didn't get an interview, thank god. Flights are expensive...
Original post by JPencil

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied 3 days before the Oxford deadline and received an offer in the first week of this month. I think it was a day or two before the MAT.
hI, i need advice asap, i got invited to Bristol open day for Comp Sci, if i have reasons why i can't go will my application get rejected, I'm not planning on Bristol being my firm.insurance as it's too far away but i would still like the offer, in case i don't get the ones i want.
Original post by 14adeosuno
hI, i need advice asap, i got invited to Bristol open day for Comp Sci, if i have reasons why i can't go will my application get rejected, I'm not planning on Bristol being my firm.insurance as it's too far away but i would still like the offer, in case i don't get the ones i want.

I'm pretty sure your inability to attend an open day does not affect your application in any way. I, being an international student, cannot attend one either. In fact, the open day email explicitly stated that it was okay if I could not attend it. But it's best to check with them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Where from: Indonesia
IB HL subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Psychology
IB SL subjects: Mathematics, English Language and Literature, Bahasa Indonesia
IB grades: 677 (HL) , 677 (SL)
Course applying for: Medicine (A100)
(edited 8 years ago)
Name: Grace
Where from: Wales
AS/A2 subjects: Biol(AS), Chem, Phys, Maths, Welsh Bacc
AS/A2 grades: predicted AAAB
Course applying for: Physics Bsc

Sent my application Monday, had an offer yesterday from Aberystwyth, Had acknowledgements today for Cardiff & Bristol!
Has anyone had an offer for Physics yet, if so how long did it take? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending