The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Cholesta
My son applied on the 21st Oct. Also waiting on Lse.

Interesting. What were his statistics if ya don't mind me asking?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
[QUOTFE]Interesting. What were his statistics if ya don't mind me asking?

GCSE A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAA achieved during death of his dad. Exams taken on day of death and funeral.
AS AAAA
A2 AAB
Anniversary of dad's death and he blanked in the exams.
LSE wouldn't accept him with extenuating circumstances so he has reapplied😒
Reply 982
Original post by mechanism
I think Bristol will be my firm - AAA offer to study Biochemistry. Is anyone currently studying Biochemistry at Bristol? This might not be the right place to ask but worth a try.
Is anyone else thinking of firming Bristol for Biochem?

yay another biochemist :biggrin: (got an offer for biochem with med biochem though)
i'm still waiting from two other unis but really liked bristol's course structure so might be firming it :redface:
where else have you applied?
Original post by baebae
yay another biochemist :biggrin: (got an offer for biochem with med biochem though)
i'm still waiting from two other unis but really liked bristol's course structure so might be firming it :redface:
where else have you applied?

Ahh yay! I applied to Bristol, Bath, Oxford, UEA (backup choice) and Durham (biomed). Got offers from Bristol, Bath and UEA - waiting for Durham, didn't get Oxford. What about you?
Has anyone received an AAA offer to study Mathematics with Statistics or Mathematics?
How likely is it to be accepted with an AAA prediction?
Original post by Beckfire
Has anyone received an AAA offer to study Mathematics with Statistics or Mathematics?
How likely is it to be accepted with an AAA prediction?

Quite high. I know it's not maths but it's similar- I got predicted ABB and got an offer for Physics which requires AAA. (Though I DID get the contextual offer, AAB)
Reply 986
Hi guys!

Name: Val
Where from: London (!!)
AS/A2 subjects: Philosophy, Economics, English, EPQ
AS/A2 grades: Phil A, Econ A, English B (considering retaking...)
Course applying for: Liberal Arts

I applied in October last year and received a conditional offer on my pushing up my English grade to an A*. I think it is totally doable, since it is mostly my AS exam that is dragging my grade down (I was a bit of a dumbass then... :colondollar:).

Has anyone else applied to do Liberal Arts at Bristol? Or anywhere else? I am very eager to meet you! I have no Liberal Arts friends, I need you!!
I was wondering if anyone has already accepted an offer from Bristol and firmed it as their top choice? Also are there any recommendations for student accommodation as I have not yet had a chance to visit the student halls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy5050
Also are there any recommendations for student accommodation as I have not yet had a chance to visit the student halls.

Lots and lots of good student housing in Bristol - often a better deal than Uni of Bristol Halls as they are right in the centre of the city (shopping, pubs, clubs) and with better, more modern facilities than most of the Halls which are way out in Stoke Bishop.

Unite, IQ, Student Housing, Mansion Student, Prime Student, Vita etc - just google Student Housing Bristol and you'll find them.
Original post by returnmigrant
Lots and lots of good student housing in Bristol - often a better deal than Uni of Bristol Halls as they are right in the centre of the city (shopping, pubs, clubs) and with better, more modern facilities than most of the Halls which are way out in Stoke Bishop.

Unite, IQ, Student Housing, Mansion Student, Prime Student, Vita etc - just google Student Housing Bristol and you'll find them.

Thank you for your advise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 990
Applied 12 Oct for Law, still no reply. Anyone else in the same boat?
Reply 991
Ahh yay! I applied to Bristol, Bath, Oxford, UEA (backup choice) and Durham (biomed). Got offers from Bristol, Bath and UEA - waiting for Durham, didn't get Oxford. What about you?

got offers from Bristol, York and Southampton but still waiting for UCL and Imperial :smile:
congrats on your offers btw! :h:
Original post by NOP97
Applied 12 Oct for Law, still no reply. Anyone else in the same boat?

Law often takes longer to process than other subjects - LNAT scores to match etc.If you haven't been rejected, you are still in the mix - so just hang on in there. Remember, some offers for all subjects *will* go out as late as March.
Original post by borbv
Hi guys!

Name: Val
Where from: London (!!)
AS/A2 subjects: Philosophy, Economics, English, EPQ
AS/A2 grades: Phil A, Econ A, English B (considering retaking...)
Course applying for: Liberal Arts

I applied in October last year and received a conditional offer on my pushing up my English grade to an A*. I think it is totally doable, since it is mostly my AS exam that is dragging my grade down (I was a bit of a dumbass then... :colondollar:).

Has anyone else applied to do Liberal Arts at Bristol? Or anywhere else? I am very eager to meet you! I have no Liberal Arts friends, I need you!!

Hi - I have an offer for LibArts at Bristol, also offers from Kings, Exeter and Warwick for Liberal Arts :smile:
Reply 994
Original post by Feilding97
Hi - I have an offer for LibArts at Bristol, also offers from Kings, Exeter and Warwick for Liberal Arts :smile:

Hey!! That's so cool! I have also received offers from Kings and Warwick. Which one is your favourite? I'm really torn at the moment...
Reply 995
I think Bristol will be my firm - AAA offer to study Biochemistry. Is anyone currently studying Biochemistry at Bristol? This might not be the right place to ask but worth a try.
Is anyone else thinking of firming Bristol for Biochem?

congrats! i got the same offer for biochem and I'm thinking of firming it too :biggrin: where else have you applied to? :smile:
Original post by borbv
Hey!! That's so cool! I have also received offers from Kings and Warwick. Which one is your favourite? I'm really torn at the moment...

Me too...it's difficult to decide. I like the KCL course, esp the core module, I also like the fact that the cohort seems very International. Are you British by the way?
I like the look of the Warwick course too, and enjoyed speaking to Gavin Schwarz Leeper, but am wondering whether the fact that it is a new course will have a negative impact? Bristol seems very comprehensive, and I love the integrated Masters with a year abroad. My fifth choice is NCH and am waiting to hear if I'm invited to interview...
Bristol seems very comprehensive, and I love the integrated Masters with a year abroad.

Bristol has an enormous range of Study Abroad choices - and there is a big push within the Uni to make this available to ALL students in the future so the counties/Uni on offer will definetly increase : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/international-office/go-abroad/study/ Also, there are opportunities for shorter periods overseas on many courses like within Social Science : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/spais/prospective/prospectiveugs/study-abroad/

Study Abroad is something that will give you the most amazing experience and adds greatly to your CV. Its something you will remember for the rest of your life - so grab any opportunity like this with both hands!
Original post by khern
congrats! i got the same offer for biochem and I'm thinking of firming it too :biggrin: where else have you applied to? :smile:

Ooh yay! I applied to Durham (biomed), Oxford (rejected), Bath and UEA (backup). I was stuck between Bath and Bristol but now i'm demo firming Bristol :smile: what about you?
Reply 999
Me too...it's difficult to decide. I like the KCL course, esp the core module, I also like the fact that the cohort seems very International. Are you British by the way?
I like the look of the Warwick course too, and enjoyed speaking to Gavin Schwarz Leeper, but am wondering whether the fact that it is a new course will have a negative impact? Bristol seems very comprehensive, and I love the integrated Masters with a year abroad. My fifth choice is NCH and am waiting to hear if I'm invited to interview...

Yes, the core modules at King's seem really cool, and it's also the longest running course here in the UK, which is an advantage, especially over Warwick which is brand new.

I am from the UK, yes, I live in London actually, so I kind of want to move away, so I think I'll probably decline King's... I think Bristol seems great, the city is sooooo cool! I just want to find out a bit more about the course, really, because I really want to have more small group tutorials than lectures, so I want to find that out before I firm any offers. :-)

I also applied to NCH!! I just sent in my written work so waiting for interview as well. What did you apply for? I applied for PPE with a philosophy major. I think that's probably my first choice if I get in and get a bursary!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending