The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone seen this? So jokes. Stoke Bishop Stories, about this years freshers at Stoke Bishop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-zsnVathew
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Bewardy98
Anyone got an offer for French?

I have one for French and Italian (ab initio) :smile:
SB tends to attract those sorts - not just private schools but also from grammar schools etc - but this isnt reflective of UoB's general student population which is much more mainstream and 'average' student - promise!

If you want a less 'twee' student experience than somewhere like Wills etc then go for Hawthorns, St Michaels Hill, or better still one of the commercial student housing set ups in the centre of town. SB is a bit isolated, but from any of the city centre places you are within minutes of shops, pubs, clubs, theatres and the harbour area etc - and they are recently built, have better facilities and will have the essentials like ensuites and decent heating. Recommended.
Original post by studdybuddy101
Has anyone seen this? So jokes. Stoke Bishop Stories, about this years freshers at Stoke Bishop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-zsnVathew

Jesus wept!
Any english offer holders going on feb 3rd?
Original post by HibbsicleBean19
Hey everyone :smile: I'm slightly different to all of you that have posted as I'll be applying to Bristol for my Master's degree starting 2016 :smile:
Name: Leah

Course applying for: MSc Social and Cultural Theory

:smile:

Hi Leah, what are you hoping to do post MSc? The course content looks quite abstract, discursive. Do you want to write, teach or something else?
Original post by teddybear2000
Any english offer holders going on feb 3rd?

Yasss you?
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Jesus wept!

Original post by KingKumar
That was equal parts awkward, weird and funny. Didn't realise there were so many students from London boarding schools

I thought the boarding school thing was a joke first. Like they were just making them up lol but then I searched one 😂. Are you guys planning on getting accommodation in Stoke Bishop?
Original post by studdybuddy101
Are you guys planning on getting accommodation in Stoke Bishop?

:lol: not if my life depended on it!
Original post by Princess Zelda
Anyone for the offer holders' day on February 3rd? (Neuroscience)

I've got an offer for neuroscience was the fastest offer I got. I literally sent my application on the last hour of the deadline and got my offer two days later. I'm not sure if a very early offer is a good thing or whether neuroscience isn't a very competitive course?
(edited 8 years ago)
any mechanical engineering offer holders, i applied in the beginning of November and I still haven't heard back
Am I the only one still waiting for a law offer?
Judging by what I see on here offers are coming through all the time not to me however

IB European student.
Predicted IB39 HL,666
Applied 14th OCT
LNAT 7th OCT

Oxford/Kings: Rejected
KMUL/Exeter: Offers
Bristol: Waiting impatiently for a very long time, while others cruise past an skoop up all the offers
Also applied for Chancellor's drama scholarship decision end of Mar apparently
Original post by crocface
Judging by what I see on here offers are coming through all the time not to me however

IB European student.
Predicted IB39 HL,666
Applied 14th OCT
LNAT 7th OCT

Bristol: Waiting impatiently for a very long time, while others cruise past an skoop up all the offers

Don't worry. In the same boat, applied 13th Oct with AAAA at AS. Bristol tend to take their time with offers/rejections.
Original post by pje1000
Applied for mechanical engineering and didn't get an offer but have given me the chance to be considered for civil engineering, engineering mathematics or electrical and electronic engineering, does anyone know/have any experience of how likely they would be to give me an offer for any of these after not giving me one for mechanical engineering?

Your chances of getting an offer for one of these courses is very high if you write a good new personal statement related to the new course you'd apply for. They wouldn't have offered you an alternative course if they thought you weren't good enough.
Both me and a friend of mine were in a similar situation when applying to UCL, we both got offers for the alternative courses they gave us.
Original post by lucasleal1
any mechanical engineering offer holders, i applied in the beginning of November and I still haven't heard back

Hey, my friend applied for mechanical engineering last year. He's at Bristol studying it now and loves it but he applied in September and didn't hear back until April so don't worry!

IB European student.
Predicted IB39 HL,666
Applied 14th OCT
LNAT 7th OCT

not the only one i promise! I'm waiting also, i got offers from edinburgh, cardiff, exeter and an interview for york but still waiting on bristol llb! fingers crossed! hopefully youll hear back quickly!
Original post by kgsj20
Hi, I'm Karen. Just got a conditional offer for Law. Anyone else apply for the same course? :smile:

damn karen! congratulations! still waiting on a response! want Bristol so bad!!! when did u take your lnat? xx
I'm still waiting for a reply for Law LLB. Has anyone emailed the university to inquire where they are with your application etc. I'm so tempted but I'm worried I would come across rude/ impatient

Does anyone know if it's worth going to a visit day after you get your offer to meet members of staff in your department and ask about the course? Is it better than an open day?

IB European student.
Predicted IB39 HL,666
Applied 14th OCT
LNAT 7th OCT

I applied for the Vice Chancellor's scholarship as well! Did you get a letter or email letting you know that they've received your application? I posted mine and I haven't heard anything so just a bit concerned if they haven't gotten it or something haha

Original post by kirstensiena
not the only one i promise! I'm waiting also, i got offers from edinburgh, cardiff, exeter and an interview for york but still waiting on bristol llb! fingers crossed! hopefully youll hear back quickly!

Original post by NOP97
Don't worry. In the same boat, applied 13th Oct with AAAA at AS. Bristol tend to take their time with offers/rejections.

I got an offer on the 15th Jan! I think they started replying to a load of offers on the Oxbridge deadline, but maybe didn't get round to all of them, then did the same for the national deadline. They're probably just getting around to your applications, so don't worry!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending