The Student Room Group

Do I look fat?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Man.bear.pig
Mmm, be proud into obesity or high blood pressure or failed sex life? :s-smilie:

Just tryna help you OP. OP asked for opinions and I gave it. He clearly isn't comfortable with who he is?

At bold, now you've just contradicted yourself and done the same thing that you say has angered you: telling OP how to change. See how that works?

Smh. lol

I just wondered if I looked fat to people.

I didn't say "Look how fat I am, How do I diet?"

To some I may look big, to others I may not. I just mean that I can't do anything about it in 2 days time, so I was wondering if people definitely think I look fat.

To be honest, I've always been this size and I've been abroad before. I think it's because it's a holiday with friends, I'm just worried I'll look stupid next to all their six packs. I don't even want a six pack though.
Original post by IspeaksBristol
I just wondered if I looked fat to people.

I didn't say "Look how fat I am, How do I diet?"

To some I may look big, to others I may not. I just mean that I can't do anything about it in 2 days time, so I was wondering if people definitely think I look fat.

To be honest, I've always been this size and I've been abroad before. I think it's because it's a holiday with friends, I'm just worried I'll look stupid next to all their six packs. I don't even want a six pack though.

What kind of mentality is this? DO you want solutions or not? So you're just asking to take the piss then? What kind of human being is like

"you're fat go away!"

Obviously if I think you need to fix yourself, I'ma tell you how. Anyway I'm ****ing annoyed. I haven't slept and youre making my head hurt.
Original post by Man.bear.pig
What kind of mentality is this? DO you want solutions or not? So you're just asking to take the piss then? What kind of human being is like

"you're fat go away!"

Obviously if I think you need to fix yourself, I'ma tell you how. Anyway I'm ****ing annoyed. I haven't slept and youre making my head hurt.

No?

I was just asking, basically, do I look fat? As I wanted to know if I should leave my t-shirt on abroad or not!!

Bloody hell!!! You clearly need some sleep :s-smilie:
Original post by IspeaksBristol
I cycle 15 miles a day, 5 days a week for work (about 7.5 miles each way). The belly has just never shifted.

You have a terrible diet then. Sort it out
Original post by KimKallstrom
You have a terrible diet then. Sort it out

I'm constantly hungry!
If you're happy with it, do whatever you want to do. If you're happy with it but want to change it, I'd suggest limiting your intake of starchy carbs and sugars; they're the worst. Also, you're not fat overall since the rest of your body looks alright, but you have quite a belly there. I would leave my shirt on, but if you're confident enough to take it off then go for it, don't let other people stop you.

To conclude, I'd recommend you do something about it (especially if you're gonna be looking for a relationship or something) because some people do find it rather unattractive (myself included), but at the end of the day, it's up to you.

Good luck.
Original post by iAmanze
Going into the sea? Of course take the top off. Rock the body you have got with confidence and no one will even think to say anything.

I thought you were more along the lines of just strolling along the beach/ randomly in the streets.

You're not fat enough for it to be a problem, it's just disproportionately distributed as men put fat on around the stomach when exposed to simple sugars from snacks to beers.

Do you seriously believe that "simple sugars" are the specific cause of being fat.

I'm not condoning the excess consumption of simple sugars, but it's an issue of an overall diet and calorie intake rather than specific macros at that level of body fat. Your body doesn't go it's a simple sugar put it on the belly, different bodies put it in different places.

And yeah go with skinny fat. If you want to change it just control your diet nothing to complex just work out what calories intake you need and reduce that amount by 500.
Original post by LauraMayden1
If you're happy with it, do whatever you want to do. If you're happy with it but want to change it, I'd suggest limiting your intake of starchy carbs and sugars; they're the worst. Also, you're not fat overall since the rest of your body looks alright, but you have quite a belly there. I would leave my shirt on, but if you're confident enough to take it off then go for it, don't let other people stop you.

To conclude, I'd recommend you do something about it (especially if you're gonna be looking for a relationship or something) because some people do find it rather unattractive (myself included), but at the end of the day, it's up to you.

Good luck.

I went out today in the warm weather. I went shirtless, but no one seemed to say anything. :smile: Hopefully it'll be alright on holiday!
You're chubby man. I don't think you can hide it tbh
Original post by JackWarner
You're chubby man. I don't think you can hide it tbh

If I wear a t-shirt you can tell I've got a belly anyway, so I may as well take it off! lol
Original post by craglyboy
Do you seriously believe that "simple sugars" are the specific cause of being fat.

I'm not condoning the excess consumption of simple sugars, but it's an issue of an overall diet and calorie intake rather than specific macros at that level of body fat. Your body doesn't go it's a simple sugar put it on the belly, different bodies put it in different places.

And yeah go with skinny fat. If you want to change it just control your diet nothing to complex just work out what calories intake you need and reduce that amount by 500.

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest