The Student Room Group

Do I look fat?

This is me in swim shorts.

I'm going abroad next week, do you think I'll get any comments from friends? Should I keep a t-shirt on?

Scroll to see replies

Slightly chubby, that's from the worst angle though, show us from the front for a more realistic view
Reply 2
That's the worst kind for a man. It's along the lines of skinny fat.

- Too much simple sugars in your diet -

If I was you I'd wear a t-shirt with short sleeves as your arms are not bad. (If you're looking for ladies attention)

If just with the guys do whatever you feel confident in doing.
Original post by iAmanze
That's the worst kind for a man. It's along the lines of skinny fat.

- Too much simple sugars in your diet -

If I was you I'd wear a t-shirt with short sleeves as your arms are not bad. (If you're looking for ladies attention)

If just with the guys do whatever you feel confident in doing.

Would you say I looked quite big then as you said keep it on? I'm just thinking that if we all go into the sea, i'll be shirtless!
Reply 4
Original post by IspeaksBristol
Would you say I looked quite big then as you said keep it on? I'm just thinking that if we all go into the sea, i'll be shirtless!

Going into the sea? Of course take the top off. Rock the body you have got with confidence and no one will even think to say anything.

I thought you were more along the lines of just strolling along the beach/ randomly in the streets.

You're not fat enough for it to be a problem, it's just disproportionately distributed as men put fat on around the stomach when exposed to simple sugars from snacks to beers.

If you're going into the sea, your stomach won't be above the water most of the time, so you should be ok.

Plus if you run to get into the sea

1) they won't see your stomach

2) you won't look like a pussy

:lol:
Original post by iAmanze
Going into the sea? Of course take the top off. Rock the body you have got with confidence and no one will even think to say anything.

I thought you were more along the lines of just strolling along the beach/ randomly in the streets.

You're not fat enough for it to be a problem, it's just disproportionately distributed as men put fat on around the stomach when exposed to simple sugars from snacks to beers.

Original post by Dancatpro
If you're going into the sea, your stomach won't be above the water most of the time, so you should be ok.

Plus if you run to get into the sea

1) they won't see your stomach

2) you won't look like a pussy

:lol:

Thanks! :smile:

I won't be running into the sea though... it'll be jiggling!! hahaha
I just saw your user name!
Are you at Sussex or Brighton uni by any chance?

I am going to Sussex in september (for sure, unconditional offer :biggrin:) !!!

Noope haha.

But good luck :smile:
Obese

I'm going abroad next week, do you think I'll get any comments from friends? Should I keep a t-shirt on?

Brooooooooo, you could be a hell of a lot worse i wouldnt worry too much - confidence in your body will get you far, six packs are overrated anyway :biggrin:
Original post by maddywald
Brooooooooo, you could be a hell of a lot worse i wouldnt worry too much - confidence in your body will get you far, six packs are overrated anyway :biggrin:

Haha, thanks.

You're skinny fat to be honest. Not fat, not thin :smile:

Be confident, t shirt off :biggrin:
Reply 12
Your a typically out of shape British guy.
When will these threads ever stop being made?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just saw your user name!
Are you at Sussex or Brighton uni by any chance?

I am going to Sussex in september (for sure, unconditional offer :biggrin:) !!!

what was the thought process here?
Reply 16
Breaking news OP is fat.
Thinner than me. You have love handles :colone:
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
When will these threads ever stop being made?

Will people ever stop asking this exact same question?

Quick Reply

Latest