The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Guys, guys - I'm not feeling the love here.

Chillax and enjoy Josephine Butler's mound :wink:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
Dark_Red why didn't you choose to do your LLB at Durham?
Reply 22
I did. I was waiting years for a reply but then changed to Acc&Fin (A2 Law put me off plus I did some work exp at PwC and loved it!) and got a reply in around five days. How silly! Durham takes too much time to reply but when you apply for a Stockton course you get one in 5 days :s-smilie: .. I wasn't really keen on going to Durham as the campus is in Stockton but a lot of the TSR heads kept telling me how great it is. I'm visiting it soon though anyways, see how it goes I suppose.
Reply 23
6+6=6
theyre not doing it for free you ****tard, just like getting a dj isnt free. the bar bears the costs.

Erghh you wasteman! If it was anyone big, then the bar isn't going to pay much money to hire them for the night so you lot can enjoy listening/dance to them for free! Despite the cost of drinks!
Perhaps the reason that people don't want to come to Butler bar is because you're there and attacking offensively and ad hominem anyone who mildly criticises your bar or suggests that the night might be less than amazing.
Reply 25
Mattmoy_2000
Perhaps the reason that people don't want to come to Butler bar is because you're there and attacking offensively and ad hominem anyone who mildly criticises your bar or suggests that the night might be less than amazing.

L
O
L
Reply 26
Tufts
ooooh nice.

Dude, did you get Choudury's essay completed okay?

yea, just in time :p:
Reply 27
Dark_Red
Erghh you wasteman! If it was anyone big, then the bar isn't going to pay much money to hire them for the night so you lot can enjoy listening/dance to them for free! Despite the cost of drinks!

why did you edit your post from 'crap' to 'mediocre'?
As for anyone 'big', what do yo expect, maximo park at a college? lets be realistic here, 'big' doesnt always mean 'good' and as you seem to suggest 'non-big' doesnt mean 'crap'.

On another point, we're getting beds in the bar.
Reply 28
Amy Winehouse, Chris Brown and Ginuwine all performed at Kingston. Those people are big!
Reply 29
6+6=6
On another point, we're getting beds in the bar.

Ooooh just what you need to make the (already non-existent) atmosphere more lively....places for people to sleep!!

LOL

Note> For those who are like "OMG inter-college rivalry!!", seriously get a life lol we're not little kids. It's like I can have a heated discussion on politics with my mates, be pissed off with them, but their still my mates! It's called having an adult conversation. Similarly, we can all slag off each others colleges but in the end they all have faults and if we all love our own colleges, they must be doing something right! :rolleyes:

Butler bar, in my opinion, lacks a lot of atmosphere that other colleges seem to have. I think that it's just that it is like one big warehouse/airport hangar/terminal....it's just too big and empty. It's not that it's a BAD bar, I'm sure I could enjoy a drink there, but other college bars are, IMO, better :smile:

And it's just a little joke that they're getting beds (they already have hammocks don't they?)....hehe....it's not the first thing that pops into mind when thinking of how to improve a bar..."Oooh let's get some BEDS!" LOL practicality of drinking a pint whilst lying in bed....hmmmm, sketchy! :wink:
Reply 30
Dark_Red
Amy Winehouse, Chris Brown and Ginuwine all performed at Kingston. Those people are big!

Amazing!!!

I'm glad that a university with over 18,000 students, 4 campuses, located in one of the most populated and well known areas of the WORLD, can attract those.

6+6, please tell me, how can't Butler College, an institution with ~1,000 students (I'm not sure on figures?), which has existed for less than 1 year, located on the hill of Durham, a small "city", with the maximum capacity at their venue being probably less than 1,000 not attract such big names?!?!?!

:wink:
Reply 31
Well if the price is right :P
Reply 32
And where pray will Butler JCR have magiced this money from?
Reply 33
Well Durham students always complain that Durham tries to milk as much money from it's students. Guess we know where the money goes.

On the other hand you're changing the subject, I said the bang will be mediocren and not great on the growns that you even said yourself, "where pray will Butler JCR have magiced this money from?"
Reply 34
JCR dos not equal central university administration. Please try and learn something about this university.
Reply 35
dobbs
And it's just a little joke that they're getting beds (they already have hammocks don't they?)....hehe....it's not the first thing that pops into mind when thinking of how to improve a bar..."Oooh let's get some BEDS!" LOL practicality of drinking a pint whilst lying in bed....hmmmm, sketchy! :wink:

as of yesterday, the butler bar has sofa beds! You guys should come and check it out!
Seva and I might come and check it out :wink:
See you next Saturday.
Reply 37
Applying4Maths
Seva and I might come and check it out :wink:
See you next Saturday.

cool, text me when you come, and cya there!
Reply 38
hey, hope you had a great time, am sorry to anyone who may have met me (foxius, laura etc.)
Reply 39
I really liked Butler's bar - even when I imagine it pretty much empty, which it certainly wasn't last night. Despite being quite massive, it still has some character what with that movie wall.

Latest