The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Part Time Job at a Durham University College Bar

I've been allocated to Grey College!! As a student who wants to make some money whilst they study, I was looking for potential jobs within Grey, but I couldn't find any open positions no matter where I looked. However, I've been seeing bar job/librarian jobs for other colleges, like St. Mary's or Josephine Butler.
I was wondering if there is a stigma for working at a completely different college, like "betrayal" or that sort of thing haha.
Original post by danwu
I've been allocated to Grey College!! As a student who wants to make some money whilst they study, I was looking for potential jobs within Grey, but I couldn't find any open positions no matter where I looked. However, I've been seeing bar job/librarian jobs for other colleges, like St. Mary's or Josephine Butler.
I was wondering if there is a stigma for working at a completely different college, like "betrayal" or that sort of thing haha.

Hiya

Positions for bar staff open periodically, and I saw some vacancies earlier in the summer. They may open up again so you can contact the college bar on Instagram and ask if they're planning to do that. I don't think you can work at any other college bar, as those positions are reserved for college students exclusively. However, there are some DU Exclusive internships that any Durham student can apply for and are based within the uni departments like marketing, admissions, careers etc. These also open regularly so you can find them listed on the Student Services Portal as well as the careers Instagram page.

Being a Durham Student Ambassador is one such opportunity and I believe the applications for that will open in Michaelmas term. The positions will be advertised on the website I've linked above so keep checking that about once a week. You can also sign up for their daily/weekly updates to get opportunities straight to your inbox :smile:

-Himieka
(edited 7 months ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Durham Students
Hiya

Positions for bar staff open periodically, and I saw some vacancies earlier in the summer. They may open up again so you can contact the college bar on Instagram and ask if they're planning to do that. I don't think you can work at any other college bar, as those positions are reserved for college students exclusively. However, there are some DU Exclusive internships that any Durham student can apply for and are based within the uni departments like marketing, admissions, careers etc. These also open regularly so you can find them listed on the Student Services Portal as well as the careers Instagram page.

Being a Durham Student Ambassador is one such opportunity and I believe the applications for that will open in Michaelmas term. The positions will be advertised on the website I've linked above so keep checking that about once a week. You can also sign up for their daily/weekly updates to get opportunities straight to your inbox :smile:

-Himieka

Thank you so much for the information Himieka!!! I will def check those out!

Quick Reply

Latest