The Student Room Group

Too late to sign on to an exam?

Basically my school doesn't do ICT 4 and ICT 5 until june so i couldn't sit these exams in january but I'd like to sit my ICT 4 exam this january so that if I don't do well i can still retake. I just checked and the exam is on the
24 th. Is there a way I can sign on to it and sit the exam somewhere else?
I live in london so does anyone know where I can sit the exam and how much it would cost?

Thank you
Reply 1
I'm not too sure, but it would be VERY costly for you to apply this late, i'm not sure if it's such a good idea :s-smilie:
It's technically possible to enter on the morning of the exam if you can find a school/college with a paper for you, but it's incredibly expensive. Besides, if your school doesn't offer unit 4 in January, surely you're not prepared for it?
Reply 3
kellywood_5
It's technically possible to enter on the morning of the exam if you can find a school/college with a paper for you, but it's incredibly expensive. Besides, if your school doesn't offer unit 4 in January, surely you're not prepared for it?

I revised for it about 1 month ago because we had a mock in class so i'd have to revise it again from now till the 24th. How expensive would it be ? Do you have any idea? Coz it would mean i've got much less pressure in june if I do well and I can be much more prepared for ICT 5.
Anyway if it's too expensive I won't do it it might have been a silly idea i had.
Edexcel: double or triple the normal fee, depending on how close it is to the exam

AQA: the website was a bit confusing, but it seems like double the normal fee

OCR: £21.50 plus normal entry fee
Not to mention that some centres will charge you extra as a private candidate. Phone around as soon as possible :smile:
Reply 6
Ancient Beast
Not to mention that some centres will charge you extra as a private candidate. Phone around as soon as possible :smile:

Where do you suggest I phone? At my local college? I don't think local schools take applicants do they?
They might, just phone around local schools/colleges

Latest

Trending

Trending