The Student Room Group

Giving a referees home address?

Worked at a family friends shop for a few months at weekends. They closed it down a couple of weeks ago and are just selling online now. They said they were happy to provide a reference but would it be okay to put down their home address and mobile? They still use the work email so I could put that down.

In sixth form we have always been told to use the address where you actually worked, so a little worried an home address would look odd :s-smilie: Thanks
Online businesses are quite common now, so I don't see why you couldn't put a home address as a reference.
Ask them instead? Only they know.
Reply 3
Original post by Lil-Sonic
Ask them instead? Only they know.

They said it was fine but I mean would employers think it was odd using a referees home address?
You can still use their old address, even if it has closed down. It just gives them information on where you previously worked. If it is possible, you can amend the address line to (closed down), and add another address. Nowdays, though, references are requested either via e-mail or over the phone.
Reply 5
Original post by SunkenSeal
Worked at a family friends shop for a few months at weekends. They closed it down a couple of weeks ago and are just selling online now. They said they were happy to provide a reference but would it be okay to put down their home address and mobile? They still use the work email so I could put that down.

In sixth form we have always been told to use the address where you actually worked, so a little worried an home address would look odd :s-smilie: Thanks

I worked at ACME Ltd, formerly at 99 The Street, Anytown. Now contactable at 123 Home Street, ThisTown.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending