The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Plus my school isn't doing sixth form... They won't explain why 😡..now I can't go to school where I live.. There is only one secondary school where I live and well... I'm in it so I have to get stressed. And go to another school elsewhere 😓😞😕😒😭
Original post by jamestg
2015 GCSE RESULTS DAY THREAD!

Yes it's only June, but last year's thread was around this time so don't complain and a large number of people have finished their exams anyway (I haven't yet though - one more to go!).

Use this thread to share what grades you'll think you'll get, how you're feeling about your subjects and how you're feeling on the run up to the big day!

Then obviously on the 20th August you can share your results!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Personally I think I've got 6As, 4Bs and 1C - I don't predict A* grades and this is on the 'lower level' of confidence.
HAVE A GREAT SUMMER AND GOOD LUCK!

Official Countdown until the Big Day!

If you would like to ruin your summer, you can take a look at (I think) all of the AQA and Edexcel GCSE exam papers! Mark schemes are not yet available, if you're in Y10 or below, please do the honest thing and not look at them. Thanks!

AQA 2015 Papers
Edexcel 2015 Papers

Yeah about that part... that would be tricky especially as a year 10 student but I'll try not to :smile:
I want to study Medicine at Uni! I'm a little worried that i might not even come out with 6A's, and it's partly because i missed a year due to a medical reason. Do you think i should repeat my GCSE's, as i need a lot of A's?
The grades i think i will get (not predicting A*'s):
Science core- A
Science Add - A
English Lang - B
English lit - A
Maths - A
Life Skills - A
History - B
Graphics - B (wish i get an A)
I.t - C LOL
Hello, everyone! Good luck for results day! I'm positive we've all done really really well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahahhahaha
Original post by SampleX
Hello, everyone! Good luck for results day! I'm positive we've all done really really well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wish I could keep that mindset! I felt ok at the time I think but ever since I started having results day dreams a week or so ago I've started getting really nervous and convincing myself my results will be rubbish. Hopefully that's just irrational nerves though, and considering this is TSR, yeah I think it's pretty likely most people will have done 'really really well' :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ever since that maths exam I noticed my A grade slipping away so much. Not looking forward to results day! I need at least 2As and 4 Bs for the sixth form I want to get in.
Original post by tryrevise
Wish I could keep that mindset! I felt ok at the time I think but ever since I started having results day dreams a week or so ago I've started getting really nervous and convincing myself my results will be rubbish. Hopefully that's just irrational nerves though, and considering this is TSR, yeah I think it's pretty likely most people will have done 'really really well' :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The important thing to remember is that they are just dreams! Nerves are natural, just don't let them ruin your summer :smile: Try and distract yourself, and meet up with your friends, or do some good old exercise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Muttski
Ever since that maths exam I noticed my A grade slipping away so much. Not looking forward to results day! I need at least 2As and 4 Bs for the sixth form I want to get in.

I'm sure you've got that A grade - if one paper went badly, you've always got the other to fall back on. I'm sure you've done just fine, and you'll get in to your sixth form. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to get Cs or more in everything but if ibdont i know ivr tried my best
Best Case Scenario : 10 A*'s
-Maths : A*
-English Language : A*
-English Literature : A*
-Chemistry : A*
-Biology : A*
-Physics : A*
-Geography : A*
-Graphics : A*
-RS : A*
-Spanish : A*

Worst Case Scenario: 8 A*'s and 2 A's-Maths : A*-English Language : A*-English Literature : A*-Chemistry : A*-Biology : A*-Physics : A*-Geography : A-Graphics : A*-RS : A*-Spanish : A

yhh so as you can see I'm excited for results day :u::h::smile::awesome:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Shalom_monette

Worst Case Scenario: 8 A*'s and 2 A's-Maths : A*-English Language : A*-English Literature : A*-Chemistry : A*-Biology : A*-Physics : A*-Geography : A-Graphics : A*-RS : A*-Spanish : A

Im glaf ur so clever
Original post by Amiee269
Im glaf ur so clever

You're making me blush. Good luck for your results!!
My predicted grades from school are 4 A*s and 5 As but I think I'll actually get:
1 A* - French

6 As- Spanish, Maths, English lit/lang, Music, RS, Further additional science

2 Bs- Textiles, English lit/lang.

Definitely 1 B in textiles as the teacher never told us the coursework deadline so I didn't do all the finishing touches and my paper wasn't good enough to bring it up to an A!
In general I don't think I'm good enough at English to get 2 As but I don't know which one is more likely to get an A.

I already have 3 As from years 9&10 in core science, additional science and statistics. And in year 9 I got a B in astronomy by some crazy miracle!
(edited 8 years ago)
I know for a fact I won't get all my predicted grades, but I'm too worried to predict what I'll actually get because I'll probably end up very disappointed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 295
Original post by basit282828
I want to study Medicine at Uni! I'm a little worried that i might not even come out with 6A's, and it's partly because i missed a year due to a medical reason. Do you think i should repeat my GCSE's, as i need a lot of A's?
The grades i think i will get (not predicting A*'s):
Science core- A
Science Add - A
English Lang - B
English lit - A
Maths - A
Life Skills - A
History - B
Graphics - B (wish i get an A)
I.t - C LOL

Honestly there's no point in redoing them. Just work super hard in your A-levels and you'll do fine.
Reply 296
Original post by Shalom_monette

Let's hope you get your 10A*s! Good luck!
Most of the exams went very well, however, some of the exams had some shocking questions.
Overall I think I did very well.

My predictions:
Maths: A
ENGLISH Language: A
ENGLISH literature: A
Biology: B
Chemistry: B
Physics: B
ICT: A
Business: A*
Geography: B
Catering: A*
RE: A

Overall: 2A*'s, 5A's, 4B's

Excited about GCSE RESULTS DAY!!!

Also, does anyone know when the grade boundaries are released?
Do year 10s who have done their core science GCSE early get their results on the same day as year 11?
Original post by Nciloe Nlela
Do year 10s who have done their core science GCSE early get their results on the same day as year 11?

Well, for me doing PE and maths in y10, I get my results after the Year 11s do, on the same day, so we have to go in after 11am to get ours.

Latest