The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

6 As, 4 Bs,2Cs
Reply 21
Does anyone know if we'll get individual UMS scores for each unit?

Other years have got this, but because most of our subjects are now linear it seems pointless to do that.
3B's, 3C's and 1D
well i was predicted 5As 4Bs and a C
I have done a prediction of my results since I only have one exam left to do, based on how well they went + coursework.

Worst case scenario: 4A*s 3As 3Bs

Best case scenario (Praying to God I get this:rolleyes:) : 6A*s 4As (although I do think I have a B in english language :frown: )

Good luck everyone!!
Reply 24
Hooray! Finished my exams!

My prediction of 6As, 4Bs and 1C is what I'm going with now. Hopefully will get a few A*s but I don't want to predict where I will get them.
Original post by askhelpsuccess
hey guys, bit irrelevant but I was hoping someone could help me out here. I haven't applied for any sixth forms but I would like to attend one in September. The reason I couldn't apply was because I was retaking a few gcses again. Do you think I can still apply to one on results day? I'm freaking out :/

Some schools allow you to turn up to them on results day. If its inline with the entry requirements, then you may get a place. Make sure you check on the website for information.

Hope this helped! :u:
Why are we already talking about GCSE results now? Why not take a break from the exam stress?
Original post by flibber
Why are we already talking about GCSE results now? Why not take a break from the exam stress?

It may be stress for you but for others it may not. I personally don't find talking about GCSE results stressful and I like talking to others about how they feel.

Nothing wrong with it! :h:
Original post by GraceOggie
It may be stress for you but for others it may not. I personally don't find talking about GCSE results stressful and I like talking to others about how they feel.

Nothing wrong with it! :h:

I don't find it stressful (in fact, I quite like reading about people's GCSE results and people's experiences in general), but others might feel anxiety (whatever it's called) if they spend their time reading about those teenage prodigies talking about their 15 A*s...
Original post by flibber
I don't find it stressful (in fact, I quite like reading about people's GCSE results and people's experiences in general), but others might feel anxiety (whatever it's called) if they spend their time reading about those teenage prodigies talking about their 15 A*s...

There's a reason why TSR has a reputation for being full of nerds who do nothing but 1) go on TSR 2) revise.

Okay, If you like reading about people's GCSE results then we're on the same page because so do I. I agree with you about people who can suffer from anxiety because it doesn't make you feel better about yourself when you see others that get 15 A*s.

I don't agree that TSR has that reputation because from every post I've seen/read everyone seems to be really nice although there are that small few who are stuck up about it.

:u:
Some schools allow you to turn up to them on results day. If its inline with the entry requirements, then you may get a place. Make sure you check on the website for information.

Hope this helped! :u:

thank you :smile:
Okay, If you like reading about people's GCSE results then we're on the same page because so do I. I agree with you about people who can suffer from anxiety because it doesn't make you feel better about yourself when you see others that get 15 A*s.

I don't agree that TSR has that reputation because from every post I've seen/read everyone seems to be really nice although there are that small few who are stuck up about it.

:u:

I think the average inhabitant of TSR performs better at GCSEs than your average teenager in the UK- the majority of TSR users tend to be in the top 5-25% of the country.

Where did this come from then?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The+Student+Room

However, most people I've met on here are really friendly- especially the Year 12s when I infiltrated- I mean visited their thread recently.
Reply 32
Original post by flibber

People were talking about results at the same time last year, so I thought it would be good for continuity that it's the same time!

Yeah I get the whole anxiety thing but at the end of the day they decide to click on the thread and there aren't many people who think they have all A*s.

I think the exam stress will stay with people when they remember if they could've worked harder or they remembered a question they answered wrong or even have been having nightmares about results day. Like there's this one maths question I got wrong and every single day I think about it and feel sad, but then helpless because I can't change it!
(edited 8 years ago)
how am I supposed to not worry about my grades and have a good summer? I feel like the suspense is killing me and I just don't know how to relax. I'm so scared I'll fail
Original post by jamestg
People were talking about results at the same time last year, so I thought it would be good for continuity that it's the same time!

Yeah I get the whole anxiety thing but at the end of the day they decide to click on the thread and there aren't many people who think they have all A*s.

I think the exam stress will stay with people when they remember if they could've worked harder or they remembered a question they answered wrong or even have been having nightmares about results day. Like there's this one maths question I got wrong and every single day I think about it and feel sad, but then helpless because I can't change it!

Agreed.
I think 3A*s 5As and 3Bs.
When did you guys start revising? I revised the night before or weekend before for majority of my subjects but I am the kind of person who excels through cramming. Nonetheless, I am scared I didn't do as well as I wanted to. I would love to get A*s and A's but there is a possibility I could get B's and A's. I don't think I got below a B to be honest. I'm sure everyone did will and we should all calm down aha. I'm literally having anxiety and I am screwing at everyone. I'm so scared. Good Luck to everyone xxxx You did well and we should just clear our mind xoxo Pray for low grade boundaries eek
Well look like the reforms change worked because TSR 11A* average to like 4A* 4A 2B now :colone:
Reply 38
Original post by flibber
I think the average inhabitant of TSR performs better at GCSEs than your average teenager in the UK- the majority of TSR users tend to be in the top 5-25% of the country.

Where did this come from then?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The+Student+Room

However, most people I've met on here are really friendly- especially the Year 12s when I infiltrated- I mean visited their thread recently.

That link is hilarious xD.

I think I got 5/6A*, 6A, 1/2Bs.

Goodluck to everyone on results day :smile:
Predicted: 6A*s 1A 2Bs (+1A* and an A from year 9)

Hoping that those Bs turn into As though

And I'm uncertain about 2 of the A*s because the exams weren't the best (maths and physics) but I really really need the A*s (I want to do physics at uni) so the possibility of not getting the grades is just not an option for me

Edit:
Achieved 9 A*s and 2 As

So happy, my physics and maths turned out brill - got full UMS in physics exams (just coursework that was off by a few UMS marks)
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest