The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yellow636
Don't be stupid lol.

They have thousands of applications, they barely check the application, let alone hunt and track throughout the internet for the applicant

Yeah but what if!
Original post by flibber
Let's put this ridiculous argument behind us.

What grades are you hoping for?

Haha ok. I really set my heart on 9A*s but I really don't know now. Hopefully 7A*s, 2 As. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spurs9393
Haha ok. I really set my heart on 9A*s but I really don't know now. Hopefully 7A*s, 2 As. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was hoping for all A*s but now I'm predicting myself 7 or 8.
Original post by flibber
I was hoping for all A*s but now I'm predicting myself 7 or 8.

What subjects are you not sure about getting an A* in? I'm worried about maths :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spurs9393
What subjects are you not sure about getting an A* in? I'm worried about maths :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll send you a PM since I don't think it'd be wise for me to post them here.
Original post by flibber
I'll send you a PM since I don't think it'd be wise for me to post them here.

Fair enough. Don't want UCAS tracking you down haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by fyrestrix
Yeah but what if!

Chances are they will only go on an internet search if there is something that seems unlikely.
Original post by jamestg
2015 GCSE RESULTS DAY THREAD!
Yes it's only June, but last year's thread was around this time so don't complain and a large number of people have finished their exams anyway (I haven't yet though - one more to go!).

Use this thread to share what grades you'll think you'll get, how you're feeling about your subjects and how you're feeling on the run up to the big day!

Then obviously on the 20th August you can share your results!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Personally I think I've got 6As, 4Bs and 1C - I don't predict A* grades and this is on the 'lower level' of confidence.
HAVE A GREAT SUMMER AND GOOD LUCK!

Thanks, I'm pretty scared for results day! I don't predict myself A*s either, especially after the horrors of Edexcel IGCSE Maths Higher tier :\

I'm hoping for 11 As, but that won't happen :P I'm not predicting myself any C's either, so I'm thinking that I'll get 7 As and 4 Bs, I'm not sure how accurate I am!

Good luck as well :smile:
Mo
Reckon I've got:
4A*s - Maths, English Lang, English Lit, Biology
3As - History, French, Chemistry
1B - Physics
1C - Product Design (couldn't care less - will probably leave off my CV)

So hopefully 5A*s as I got an a* in Geography which I took early in year 9.
Original post by joddcfc
Reckon I've got:
4A*s - Maths, English Lang, English Lit, Biology
3As - History, French, Chemistry
1B - Physics
1C - Product Design (couldn't care less - will probably leave off my CV)

So hopefully 5A*s as I got an a* in Geography which I took early in year 9.

Are you doing robin day for dt??
Original post by swagmister
Are you doing robin day for dt??

yep. Barely know a thing about him right now as we were literally introduced to him 2 weeks before we went off on study leave
I'm certain that all TSR users who completed their GCSEs this year have done exceptionally well.
Original post by joddcfc
yep. Barely know a thing about him right now as we were literally introduced to him 2 weeks before we went off on study leave

Same but I think only the designing will be the hardest all he did was put plastic on a bit of steel how are supposed to be innovative with that -_- What possible products do you think they'll tell us to make?
Original post by swagmister
Same but I think only the designing will be the hardest all he did was put plastic on a bit of steel how are supposed to be innovative with that -_- What possible products do you think they'll tell us to make?

I don't have a clue sorry aha! We've been told next to nothing about the exam
Original post by jamestg
2015 GCSE RESULTS DAY THREAD!
Yes it's only June, but last year's thread was around this time so don't complain and a large number of people have finished their exams anyway (I haven't yet though - one more to go!).

Use this thread to share what grades you'll think you'll get, how you're feeling about your subjects and how you're feeling on the run up to the big day!

Then obviously on the 20th August you can share your results!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Personally I think I've got 6As, 4Bs and 1C - I don't predict A* grades and this is on the 'lower level' of confidence.
HAVE A GREAT SUMMER AND GOOD LUCK!

I just want more A*'s than A grades :smile:
I was predicted 9 A*s and 2As....

The chance of that happening is about the same as a pink pig flying over my house.

My results are going to spell FUDGE.

Goodbye 6th form. Hello hairdressing.
Original post by iamlucy
I was predicted 9 A*s and 2As....

The chance of that happening is about the same as a pink pig flying over my house.

My results are going to spell FUDGE.

Goodbye 6th form. Hello hairdressing.

What makes you say that? D: You seemed like you done quite well from the OCR21stC threads.
Honestly, I don't know how you guys do it. Most of you here are predicted 10 A*/As. I'm predicted a mixture of 7, with a couple of Cs in the subjects I don't care for. I worked quite hard for my grades; I ostracized myself from friends, refused to go out on family events and pre-planned every hour of ensure productivity to ensure maximum efficiency whilst studying. There's just so much variety in GCSE: languages, mathematics, sciences, humanities, physical education -- to achieve the highest grades in all of them confounds me.

It's like A*/A grades are a part of nature for you guys!

On a related note, how 'good' would you say the schools you attended were? After spending 5 years in the garbage, incompetently-managed, terribly-taught hell-hole I went to, I'm surprised I haven't failed anything so far. I found myself not attend school -- not due to arid rebelliousness, but because I would accomplish more by myself in the local library than I would in school.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm predicted C's and B's in everything but I reckon I've got 1 A*, 3 A's and 5 B's.

However, if I put more effort into my controlled assessments then I could have easily got all A*/A grades except for maybe 1 or 2 B's. But I didn't because I'm pathetic and lazy.
Original post by ETbuymilkandeggs

On a related note, how 'good' would you say the schools you attended were? After spending 5 years in the garbage, incompetently-managed, terribly-taught hell-hole I went to, I'm surprised I haven't failed anything so far. I found myself not attend school -- not due to arid rebelliousness, but because I would accomplish more by myself in the local library than I would in school.

How bad was it exactly?

Latest