The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

it summer here :biggrin: :biggrin: although the sun didn't come out today but it's Lima it was bound to happen
Im sorry but Autumn all the way! :smile:
Reply 22
I'm looking forward to summer, I get to do Camp America and then go travelling round America for nearly a month
Reply 23
I can't wait to go to beach parties and festivals. This windy weather makes me want to stay in. :frown:
Reply 24
Looking forward to the summer....

Back at home for 4 months, hopefully workinig full time with the people I've grown to love! :biggrin:

However will be further away from my boyfriend, his moving up north and so won't get to see him as much AND his going on a 3 week holiday :frown: So I just don't want to see the summer holidays because I don't want to be without him again for that long. Ahhhhh well. It will be warm, I'll be having fun and I MIGHT see sun! :biggrin:
Absolutely looking forward to summer - for a start it won't get dark at 16:30 like it does now! God, it's so depressing.

Friends will be back from uni for 3 months, I'll FINALLY be 18 so will be able to go out with all of them to the pubs and clubs. I've been told I don't have to have a job in July/August so I can make the most of the time with my friends/family before I go off to uni in September. Will be able to stay up till 4/5am and watch the sunrise from my bedroom window. Going to Alaska and Vancouver with family and possibly Amsterdam with friends. Will be able to go down the beach in the evenings doing nothing in particular, maybe making a fire and all sitting round it. Barbecues! Parties in the woods!

Harry Potter V will be out at the cinema and hopefully Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be released. There'll be plenty of new games for the Wii/DS.

OMGIWANTITTOBESUMMERNOWPLEASE
Reply 26
No offence intended, OP, but I laugh at people like you at Uni. It is completely your fault for choosing an unsuitable shoe.

Well we have to wear tights and skirt, so there's not any type of super-shoe on the market that keeps your feet dry whilst following the uniform rules. If there is, let me know!
Reply 27
AisAis
Well we have to wear tights and skirt, so there's not any type of super-shoe on the market that keeps your feet dry whilst following the uniform rules. If there is, let me know!

I would recommend the 'bootleg' range from Clarks. Always served me well.
I can't wait for the summer. Long days when it gets bright early, and stays light till late. Weather so that you can go to the beach, go camping, walking, cycling etc. Oh yeah, and the english cricket season :love: Can't wait for the long summer evenings at the rose bowl again.

I like summer because generally people are more sociable and there are reasons to be cheerful.

But there are other more loose associations that come with summer that are good too. I.e. finishing college forever, looking forward to the prospect of uni etc :smile:

Oh yeah. And leaving my part time job forever :biggrin:
I'm not looking forward to it especially... but it'll be better than last summer because I'm not moving home for three months of solitude and boredom (though it's a shame I won't see my family much)! I'll be working full-time, moving house, living with one of my best friends, going to a festival and hopefully to Malta with my boyfriend, so all those things are good. I will however miss all the friends who live so close during termtime and my boyfriend will be two and a half hours away instead of ten minutes (though an improvement on the five of last summer!). So overall, I'd rather stick to spring termtime! (Though preferably not exam time!)
Cant wait to not being freezing when i get up. Tho snow does sound good.
Reply 31
I would recommend the 'bootleg' range from Clarks. Always served me well.

I used to have them in middle school, but it was like having bricks strapped to your feet or wearing ankle weights.:rolleyes:
Reply 32
AisAis
I used to have them in middle school, but it was like having bricks strapped to your feet or wearing ankle weights.:rolleyes:

I just looked on their website and the designs have change significantly in the 5 years since I used to wear them.
Aw, I'm looking forward to summer! I always find that when it's winter I look forward to summer but when it's summer I start yearning for Autumn/Winter.

I'm looking forward to just chilling out by the beach with my friends who've been away in uni for most of the year :frown: , festivals, garden parties, sunshine, waking up and it being light outside, it staying light until at least 10pm, and finally- Camp America (hopefully! :s-smilie: ) :biggrin:

I'm not looking forward to sticky sheets, and not being able to sleep because it's too hot however :mad:

Oh yeah and whooo Harry Potter!
miss_world

Oh yeah and whooo Harry Potter!

Haha, yeah, that's the only reason I'm looking forward to summer. I can't stand being too hot to sleep at night, wearing less clothes and stickiness, and I just like the cold and snow and the dark days and nights. I prefer rain to sun, a lot of the time. Im just weird like that :smile:
Reply 35
Summer in my world equates to holidays abroad.

Which is always good.

Must admit, I miss the storminess of winter when somewhere near-permanently sunny, though.
Reply 36
Savvy
Summer in my world equates to holidays abroad.

Mine too :smile: When I was younger I didn't always go on holiday in the summer but now I can pay for it myself I always make sure I do.
Reply 37
Talya
Mine too :smile: When I was younger I didn't always go on holiday in the summer but now I can pay for it myself I always make sure I do.

Heh.

Too young to go by myself...

I didn't go abroad often when I was really young, either, but now that my parents can I stalk accompany them :cool:
Reply 38
I'm looking forward to the breeding season.
I can't wait for Summer too - my second baby is due in August :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending