The Student Room Group

Something to do this Summer (Year 10)

Hey everybody, I'm a student who has just completed the equivalent of Year 10 in Northern Ireland and was looking to find something to do this summer.

I considered looking into a research program this summer, maybe something involving Engineering, but Google hasn't been very helpful. I can't get a job as I'm only 15 and haven't finished my GCSE's, so apart from a walk I usually take daily, I'm usually stuck in my house all day. The friends I've made at school aren't in much contact with me outside of school, and I usually only talk to them the occasional night playing video games.

I'm really struggling trying to find something to do, trying self-improvement and deleting addictive apps, but mainly seeking advice to get something to do to take my mind off a girl who recently friend-zoned me and who I still haven't gotten over.

Help would be appreciated, I'm slowly losing my mind.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hey everybody, I'm a student who has just completed the equivalent of Year 10 in Northern Ireland and was looking to find something to do this summer.

I considered looking into a research program this summer, maybe something involving Engineering, but Google hasn't been very helpful. I can't get a job as I'm only 15 and haven't finished my GCSE's, so apart from a walk I usually take daily, I'm usually stuck in my house all day. The friends I've made at school aren't in much contact with me outside of school, and I usually only talk to them the occasional night playing video games.

I'm really struggling trying to find something to do, trying self-improvement and deleting addictive apps, but mainly seeking advice to get something to do to take my mind off a girl who recently friend-zoned me and who I still haven't gotten over.

Help would be appreciated, I'm slowly losing my mind.

I understand that you're currently looking for something to do this summer and are feeling a bit stuck. It's great that you're considering a research program in Engineering. While finding specific programs may be challenging, there are other options you can explore to make your summer productive and enjoyable.

Online Courses or Tutorials: Look for online courses or tutorials related to Engineering or any other subjects that interest you. Many platforms offer free or affordable courses that you can take at your own pace. This can help you gain knowledge and skills in your areas of interest.

Personal Projects: Consider starting a personal project related to Engineering or any other hobbies you have. It could be building something, learning to code, or even creating artwork. Engaging in a project can be fulfilling and provide a sense of accomplishment.

Volunteering: Look for local volunteering opportunities in your community. This can be a great way to contribute, meet new people, and gain valuable experience. Check with local charities, community centers, or environmental organizations to see if they have any volunteer positions available.

Physical Activities: Apart from your daily walk, consider exploring other physical activities. You could try cycling, hiking, or even picking up a new sport. Engaging in regular physical exercise is not only good for your health but also helps clear your mind and boost your mood.

Personal Development: Continue your self-improvement journey by exploring different hobbies or skills. You could try learning a musical instrument, practicing mindfulness or meditation, writing, or photography. These activities can help you relax, express yourself, and discover new passions.

Connect with Friends and chat with them like me here on my whatsapp +254724979366: While your friends may not be in much contact outside of school, make an effort to reach out to them and plan activities together. You can suggest hanging out in person, going to the movies, or trying out new hobbies together. Building stronger connections with your friends can provide a support system and make your summer more enjoyable.

Focus on Emotional Well-being: It's understandable that you're still dealing with feelings related to the girl who friend-zoned you. It takes time to process these emotions, and it's important to be kind to yourself. Engage in activities that make you feel good, such as listening to music, writing in a journal, or talking to a trusted adult or counselor about your feelings.

Remember, summer break can provide an opportunity for personal growth and exploration. Be open to trying new things, even if they're outside your comfort zone. Embrace the chance to learn, connect, and discover more about yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending