The Student Room Group

How heavy should i be at 15?

I'm 15 and roughly 6.5 stone;is this normal?;do i need to put on weight? Also, I want to gain muscle but am scared to getting fat, so I don't think I eat enough
?
Original post by dragtom
I'm 15 and roughly 6.5 stone;is this normal?;do i need to put on weight? Also, I want to gain muscle but am scared to getting fat, so I don't think I eat enough
?

You sound underweight to me.. What is your height? If it's around 5'2/ 5'3, your BMI is very low. Go eat some food, but do some cardio as well. The best age to start strength training, to me, is 16/17. Most gyms won't allow you to use weights until you're 16 or older, anyway, but you could buy some to use at home maybe?

Also, food is very important at 15 - you have to eat because it can lead to serious health problems in the long-run. If I were you, I'd start eating loads of lean meats and protein-rich foods - chicken, cheese, fish etc. Also consider having larger portions of healthy foods. These foods are great in providing nutrients and vitamins that contribute to muscle gain!

If you want to gain weight, eat more calories than you burn on an average day. You can visit:

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/resting-metabolic-rate-calculator.aspx

To work out your RMR (resting metabolic rate). This is a good starting point, for me, anyway.

Hope I helped! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Thanks! Im alredy do weight training home+gym and eat as healthily as i can! I thought i should try and eat more so thanks for that😃
Original post by dragtom
Thanks! Im alredy do weight training home+gym and eat as healthily as i can! I thought i should try and eat more so thanks for that😃

No problem. Just don't do too much weight training/cardio in one space of time - you risk of overtraining your body! :wink:
How tall are you?
Original post by SEHughes
How tall are you?

That's a point!
Reply 6
Original post by SEHughes
How tall are you?

5 ft 1
Original post by dragtom
?

At your age, you can be 10% under normal adult healthy weight for your height. Check the BMI charts to give you a good indication.

P.S. don't be scared about gaining weight - everybody processes food differently. For example, I eat a **** ton of crap food - a pizza every day, usually 1 or 2 macaroni cheeses, maybe a pasta or fish dish as well, plus a microwave risotto or canneloni at about 3am, and I'm still underweight for some reason.
(edited 8 years ago)
You can afford to gain some weight. Eat properly and train properly.
Reply 9
Original post by XMaramena
At your age, you can be 10% under normal adult healthy weight for your height. Check the BMI charts to give you a good indication.

P.S. don't be scared about gaining weight - everybody processes food differently. For example, I eat a **** ton of crap food - a pizza every day, usually 1 or 2 macaroni cheeses, maybe a pasta or fish dish as well, plus a microwave risotto or canneloni at about 3am, and I'm still underweight for some reason.

**** me:0

Quick Reply

Latest