The Student Room Group

Summer 2016 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by Hamzi
But I think you cant do that at the same bank.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't but I know someone who has

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 31541
Do a combination of both, I know guys who did that last year (and were successful in getting both spring and summer)

is there any ib that is similar in their processes between spring and summer? otherwise wouldnt it make more sense to apply for springs everywhere if youre so undecided?
Reply 1982
Original post by 786:)
I wouldn't but I know someone who has

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where was that? And was he successful in both applications?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1983
Original post by Hamzi
But I think you cant do that at the same bank.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Obviously I meant apply for springs at some banks and summers at the others.

Original post by welcometoib
is there any ib that is similar in their processes between spring and summer? otherwise wouldnt it make more sense to apply for springs everywhere if youre so undecided?

I never said it was ideal, but it's an option that's been done before and might be best if they're so undecided that they're not doing anything.
Reply 1984
Original post by Hamzi
Where was that? And was he successful in both applications?

Posted from TSR Mobile

By 'successful' I meant did HR took him through the process for both applications or was one rejected when the other was accepted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1985
Original post by 31541
Obviously I meant apply for springs at some banks and summers at the others.

I never said it was ideal, but it's an option that's been done before and might be best if they're so undecided that they're not doing anything.

Yeah I know but someone just said that you can do both at a specific bank.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 31541
Do a combination of both, I know guys who did that last year (and were successful in getting both spring and summer)

Ah cool, do you know how they spread their apps ie which ones they applied for the summer and spring?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gsbs2
Well done! What division?

Thanks! Applied for Banking. Good luck!
Reply 1988
Original post by yl95
Ah cool, do you know how they spread their apps ie which ones they applied for the summer and spring?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea
Original post by yl95

Posted from TSR Mobile

if youre confused at this stage when its already middle of sep, id advise spring weeks, you may hate the project in final year but hopefully the motivation of a potential ft offer by then would spur you on! :smile: spring and summer are very different competition, at spring you can afford to not be as strong.
Reply 1990
Original post by Hamzi
By 'successful' I meant did HR took him through the process for both applications or was one rejected when the other was accepted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep their apps were accepted. However, I've just realised that they applied for the summer app first and got rejected in the final interview and then applied for the SW and got in. So not two apps at the same time which obviously wouldn't make sense anyway hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
if youre confused at this stage when its already middle of sep, id advise spring weeks, you may hate the project in final year but hopefully the motivation of a potential ft offer by then would spur you on! :smile: spring and summer are very different competition, at spring you can afford to not be as strong.

I've heard that late Sep/early Oct is still a decent time to send off apps? Maybe I'm wrong. Term doesn't start until second week of Oct for me so I have time to spare.

Yeah exactly so I was considering mixing it up by applying for Summer at a few less competitive banks and Spring for most. I think my ECs are fine and gonna do some reading around technical stuff. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yl95
I've heard that late Sep/early Oct is still a decent time to send off apps? Maybe I'm wrong. Term doesn't start until second week of Oct for me so I have time to spare.

Yeah exactly so I was considering mixing it up by applying for Summer at a few less competitive banks and Spring for most. I think my ECs are fine and gonna do some reading around technical stuff. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats an ok time, but as you can see on here places like lazard are already at ac stage, ubs are in the thick of interviews already etc. if you have good ecs then give springs a shot instead :smile: mostly anyway, then id apply for summers to the ones that dont do spring weeks! not too many ibs haha. imperial starts middle of october? damn!
thats an ok time, but as you can see on here places like lazard are already at ac stage, ubs are in the thick of interviews already etc. if you have good ecs then give springs a shot instead :smile: mostly anyway, then id apply for summers to the ones that dont do spring weeks! not too many ibs haha. imperial starts middle of october? damn!

Oh damn!
No we start on 5th but I don't start proper lectures until later. :l

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yl95
Oh damn!
No we start on 5th but I don't start proper lectures until later. :l

Posted from TSR Mobile

chillski, enjoy uni if you do for a year longer, i dont see the rush to be doing 80 hours a week of boring excel sheets lol.
chillski, enjoy uni if you do for a year longer, i dont see the rush to be doing 80 hours a week of boring excel sheets lol.

Eh fair point but I bet I'll be thinking "Why am I not getting £££ like my other friends?" when they've already graduated :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yl95
Eh fair point but I bet I'll be thinking "Why am I not getting £££ like my other friends?" when they've already graduated :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i doubt it, youll be thinking **** this project is long haha

you really dont think about the money when youre in the office at 2am working on a powerpoint, ask the people who have done summers on here already, you have to enjoy it to a degree else youll not enjoy the money aspect whatsoever. up to you anyway, if you really want ib do the basic sw to summer to ft pipeline, with an extra year youve done you have the experience advantage to utilize over first years :smile:

you really dont think about the money when youre in the office at 2am working on a powerpoint, ask the people who have done summers on here already, you have to enjoy it to a degree else youll not enjoy the money aspect whatsoever. up to you anyway, if you really want ib do the basic sw to summer to ft pipeline, with an extra year youve done you have the experience advantage to utilize over first years :smile:

Quite a people I know from Maths who are in second year with pretty much no finance exp are applying for Summer, which is what got me thinking a lot as well hah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1998

No 2ams on the trading floor
Original post by mco10
all i want to know is if the Barclays video interview is a strength or competency question anyone please :smile:

Same here, congrats! I received the invitation 5 hours ago, and I would welcome any feedback too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending