The Student Room Group

Summer 2016 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NewtoIB123
I got a place on the academy and master class sessions. When did you apply? Have you heard yet?

Like mid july. Haha oh well, dont they like me very much tbh. When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a place on the academy and master class sessions. When did you apply? Have you heard yet?

I recently found out about SEO but can someone tell me how long the program is please as I don't live in ldn.
Original post by lilyc393
I recently found out about SEO but can someone tell me how long the program is please as I don't live in ldn.

pretty sure academy is 2 days
Thoughts on applying to different divisions at different banks? Only 2 different divisions I'm thinking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone

I think I've come to the right section whose expertise can solve my problem.

I need some websites/resources/whatever which list "winners/losers" in the stock market for companies and their competitors.

BBC news only has news from a few days ago.

Thank you

What academy are you talking about? How long did it take for the master class invitation, may I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DavidMonk
anyone heard from SEO summer launch pad recently? offers? rejections? :frown:

In roughly 1-2 weeks. They want to consider people from that insight call as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DavidMonk
anyone heard from SEO summer launch pad recently? offers? rejections? :frown:

Haven't heard anything. No calls yet.
The academy is four days and the master class is 2 weeks. They continue to help you with applications for the next few months.
What bank summer internships are open already? And is there a list anywhere with the opening dates for the different banks?

Also, what is the starting date for these internships usually? Is it late June or early July? For example for Credit Suisse, GS, BAML etc. If anyone has the actual dates from last year that wold be great.

Thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BOGH
What bank summer internships are open already? And is there a list anywhere with the opening dates for the different banks?

Also, what is the starting date for these internships usually? Is it late June or early July? For example for Credit Suisse, GS, BAML etc. If anyone has the actual dates from last year that wold be great.

Thanks.

CS, UBS, Greenhill and Lazard are open. Most start early/mid June as for actual start dates im sure you can do some research and find out.
Original post by MaGeehkaal
CS, UBS, Greenhill and Lazard are open. Most start early/mid June as for actual start dates im sure you can do some research and find out.

Thanks for your answer! Did CS and UBS just open in August? And would it make sense to apply now or wait until later?

I've tried searching for the start dates but can't find them anywhere, thats why if anyone knows when CS starts, for example, I would really appreciate it!
Original post by BOGH
Thanks for your answer! Did CS and UBS just open in August? And would it make sense to apply now or wait until later?

I've tried searching for the start dates but can't find them anywhere, thats why if anyone knows when CS starts, for example, I would really appreciate it!

Greenhill was open since July. GS, UBS, CS and Lazard were open in August. For the others, we are still waiting for.
Original post by torres657
Greenhill was open since July. GS, UBS, CS and Lazard were open in August. For the others, we are still waiting for.

Cheers! Will start applying to these then.
Reply 594
Anybody heard back from GS about their networking events? The events start next week and still haven't received any response from them.
Original post by eloo
Anybody heard back from GS about their networking events? The events start next week and still haven't received any response from them.

Haven't heard either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 596
Original post by Acruzen
Haven't heard either

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which one did you apply for?
Should I write my future roles on my Cv? I am gonna have 2 committee roles starting from September but I am not too sure on the kind of work I will be carrying out weekly since it's target oriented. Should I mention about those roles?
Original post by joyous109
Should I write my future roles on my Cv? I am gonna have 2 committee roles starting from September but I am not too sure on the kind of work I will be carrying out weekly since it's target oriented. Should I mention about those roles?

no, cv is backward looking
Original post by eloo
I wish I had! I'll be starting my 2nd year in September and so far I have done one proper summer internship and two insights (none of them in IB). Actually I saw that they were advertised, so I applied. The status changed today, but still I don't know if I'm invited or not. It would be good for me to know it as soon as possible because in case I get in, I need to book a flight to London.
How about you? Did you apply?

Yeah, I applied to the securities one. Haven't heard anything but HR told me they've only just started looking through applications on Friday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending