The Student Room Group

Summer 2016 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SharkMonster
Depends firm by firm and even then by interviewer IMO.

As a minimum, understand the 3 valuation methods, know the basic formulae involved, pros and cons as well as methods of financing.

From your knowledge, would you recommend a simple book for learning valuation methods? Nothing too intense
Hi guys,

I have just received MS S&T 1st round interview. Can anyone give me an insight of the interview?
Original post by SJU1
MS first round invite - IBD. Better late than never I guess haha

Same here, when do you have yours?
Original post by CTDT123
Hi guys,

I have just received MS S&T 1st round interview. Can anyone give me an insight of the interview?

It's as technical or as competency-based as the interviewer wants it to be, it was quite a fun pair of interviews.
Reply 5984
Anyone receive interviews for Moelis & Co. SA? I did their online tests last week and haven't heard back since.
How long do HSBC take for online tests invitation ? For markets
Original post by 360master
From your knowledge, would you recommend a simple book for learning valuation methods? Nothing too intense

Rosenbaum & Pearl, Investment Banking. PDF available online for the 1st edition. It's the go to book for valuation methods. Read chapters 1-3 and you'll be well prepared.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5987
Has anyone been through Lazard second round? How's the case study and the interview? Will help out as much as I can as well!
Anyone know how long is usually takes for UBS to get back after 1st round interview?
JPM S&T first round. Anyone have insights? Can exchange for MS, Barclays first rounds and BNP AC.
Blackrock Video interview for fixed income. anyone have any insights? the questions?
Reply 5991
how are you supposed to answer this question guys?

how would you feel putting your teams decision over yours?

thank you
Original post by econstudent10
Or was it IBD!??! I can't remember!

I got the email and im S&T.. I also got first round interview invite today :biggrin:
Original post by kitkat19
I got the email and im S&T.. I also got first round interview invite today :biggrin:

Email or call?
Original post by TheBankinator
Email or call?

Email x
I have an RBC global markets interview on thursday and have been told part of the interview will be technical questions.
Their program is quite broad (it covers Commodities, Equities, Fixed Income & Currencies, Financial Products, Debt Capital Markets, Research) so what type of questions do you think I could expect?
What does a trading simulation game usually consist of? Would highly appreciate any insights
Original post by Val_manc
Anyone know how long is usually takes for UBS to get back after 1st round interview?

2 weeks
So have JP given offers or not? I know they do/have held ACs but I thought they are for Spring Week people? I only have know of people getting 1st rounds who have not done the JP spring week
Original post by 360master
So have JP given offers or not? I know they do/have held ACs but I thought they are for Spring Week people? I only have know of people getting 1st rounds who have not done the JP spring week

Talking about S&T or IBD?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending