The Student Room Group

Summer 2016 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Anyone going to be at Barclays AC (Trading) for summer on 26th February?
Hey Guys!

What's your opinion on working in Big4 restructuring if you want to get into BB M&A? I imagine it places better at DCM/restructuring/leveraged finance in IB, but I'd rather do M&A (I still have another shot at SA recruiting and want to maximise my chances next year).

Thanks!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7982
Original post by Razina17
Yeah its more or less the same/similar types of questions, some can take a bit longer to do the calculations but you don't have to answer a question per minute. There is more time per question.

Even if you do fantastic in the numerical and logical you still have to pass their personality questions and you have to meet a certain criteria which I don't know what it is because it varies with what department you have applied to. Good luck :smile:

Thanks a lot. The personality tests seems so annoying though.
Reply 7983
Hey guys, how would you rank CS vs Rothschild?
Original post by Beufen
Hey guys, how would you rank CS vs Rothschild?

If M&A prob quite similar
If you get the chance CS LevFin is a top top top team
has been about 10 days since i had final round with GS. For mid office role. should i assume its a rejection?
Original post by 2weab23eee
has been about 10 days since i had final round with GS. For mid office role. should i assume its a rejection?

What division
No response from GS sec since 1 month after 2nd round. Rejected right ?
Wonder what the conversion rate will be like this summer considering we are nearing the end of the merger cycle. Especially at the European BBs.
Original post by lamoukss
No response from GS sec since 1 month after 2nd round. Rejected right ?

Email them maybe?
Hey guys,

do you still put your A Levels on your CV as a Master student or do you just stick to undergrad and Masters degree? I would love to save some space but I don't know whats common practice in the UK.
Original post by frottnex
Hey guys,

do you still put your A Levels on your CV as a Master student or do you just stick to undergrad and Masters degree? I would love to save some space but I don't know whats common practice in the UK.

Pretty much every institution has a minimum A-Level requirement, so I would still have them on. They are an important academic qualification.
Anyone can help for JP Morgan AC for Corporate Finance? For Summer
I might be able to help - which uni are you at?
Original post by athrowaway
Wonder what the conversion rate will be like this summer considering we are nearing the end of the merger cycle. Especially at the European BBs.

Although not BBs, BNNP is around 20-25% (know this for sure), SocGen roughly in line with that. I think the main reason is that they hire lots of VIEs (long term interns) - some desks exclusively hire from pool of VIEs.
Not sure about the other European banks, especially in times like this when some of them are going through harsh restructurings, e.g. DB, CS.
First round with DB for S&T? Anybody know what to expect?

P.s- In regards to technicals , how much do i need to know guys? Appreciate any ones help
For people who have had Interviews for S&T /Markets is the following sufficient for the technical side:

- Stock pitch
- Market news
- Options basics
- Knowledge on the industry etc (Market making , bid-offer spread etc)

Also i was thinking of taking my recent trading record in with me. Is that a good idea ?
First round with DB for S&T? Anybody know what to expect?

P.s- In regards to technicals , how much do i need to know guys? Appreciate any ones help
Original post by stealth_writer
For people who have had Interviews for S&T /Markets is the following sufficient for the technical side:

- Stock pitch
- Market news
- Options basics
- Knowledge on the industry etc (Market making , bid-offer spread etc)

Also i was thinking of taking my recent trading record in with me. Is that a good idea ?

Taking trading record to an interview is unconventional (at least for summer positions at banks), but it might work. Just make sure this record is over sufficiently long time period (e.g. over a year if not couple of years), and it has decent amount of trades. E.g. don't show up with 3 month trading history from Plus500 (or some other shitty "broker", spread betting site). And also make sure you can explain why you put your trades on, where was you SL/TP, fundamentals/technicals surrounding you trade etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Lol, yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending