The Student Room Group

Summer 2016 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ahaworried
Just got an interview from goldman sacks and am utterly delighted. Thank you for all the help....I have been so so worried that they lost my application so I had to email my CV separately!!!!

Well done!!! Was it for grad role or summer internship?
Original post by welcometoib
goldman ball "sacks"? is this a new subsidiary or something? how do i apply!

Hahahahahaha

Good to see you again man, how's apps coming along?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hamzi
Is work experience in banking compulsory when applying for banking internships? Shouldn't attending a few Insight Days show your interest too if you didn't get any.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Work experience is always good, but it won't get a guaranteed spot for summer. You're still applying because you want to gain experience. Insight days are fine, and if you've done any extracurriculars particularly those that have helped u learn more about the industry then I'd say that definitely counts. Just try to showcase those points in your apps because even listing insight days isn't useful unless if you show what you learnt and how you might have tried to expand on it or how it motivated you to apply for whatever you're doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone heard back from Greenhill?
Reply 1385
Original post by Zeegie
Work experience is always good, but it won't get a guaranteed spot for summer. You're still applying because you want to gain experience. Insight days are fine, and if you've done any extracurriculars particularly those that have helped u learn more about the industry then I'd say that definitely counts. Just try to showcase those points in your apps because even listing insight days isn't useful unless if you show what you learnt and how you might have tried to expand on it or how it motivated you to apply for whatever you're doing.

dont know if people are being serious on here sometimes...
Original post by Zeegie
Hahahahahaha

Good to see you again man, how's apps coming along?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yo, havent made one yet tbh!
hey for DB if im graduating in 2016 you can still apply right.. it says nothing about penultimate year and when i refined the job search saying I graduate 2016 it says its fine..?
Original post by Hamzi

Yeah I have tried to relate everything I have gained to my specific role and thanks for the info man!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem, good luck :smile:
Original post by bilal95
Can anyone tell me that for UBS, how does the testing working? Its a logical plus a numerical, but can I do just one of them and then do the other later or must do them in one go? And also, can I do it in any order? Im just worried to keep clicking continue on the application and suddenly be forced to do the test now. Thank You.

You have to do both in one go as far as I know (what I had to do at least) and I don't remember being able to pick which one to do first. Think numerical came first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zeegie
You have to do both in one go as far as I know (what I had to do at least) and I don't remember being able to pick which one to do first. Think numerical came first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you
Original post by mco10
oh okay thanks. is this for 2016 app? are they even opened now ?

No, this was for 2015 apps. I made it through and did the Commercial Banking internship this summer at Lloyds. Pretty good experience.
I interned at JP this summer (and accepted grad offer!), they said applications will open on the 7th, so should be open tomorrow morning
Reply 1394
Original post by IB2015
No, this was for 2015 apps. I made it through and did the Commercial Banking internship this summer at Lloyds. Pretty good experience.

oh cool!

that actually the area im interested in.

btw the online ability test, is it just numerical or numerical and logical. i dont usually do well in logical
Original post by Liamp487
I interned at JP this summer (and accepted grad offer!), they said applications will open on the 7th, so should be open tomorrow morning

Thanks for this information. Do you know if JP looks at applications on a rolling basis?
Reply 1396
Original post by 31541
I think Nomura are having a technical difficulty - I can't upload my CV either.

Are they using wcn.co.uk? I have tried every permutation for uploading my CV to Fidelity (graduate programme) and the document is never accepted. They are using wcn.
Reply 1397
Original post by Icbus
Are they using wcn.co.uk? I have tried every permutation for uploading my CV to Fidelity (graduate programme) and the document is never accepted. They are using wcn.

Not sure about nomura, but BAML uses this and I cant get my cv up for the same reason.
Reply 1398
Original post by LMSZ
Not sure about nomura, but BAML uses this and I cant get my cv up for the same reason.

Well that's reassuring. I’m sure they’ll have it sorted pronto.
Original post by Liamp487

Well done on getting the job! Best of luck with your last year of uni. And thanks for the info.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending