The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

AS GRADES problem help!

I've always been really eager to study veterinary medicine and have never wanted anything less! But I've had a really tough year during my AS exams; personal problems causing me to go off track with my revision a few months before my exams and I really feel I am not going to get the required grades!

If I take a gap year and achieve high A2 grades would this be an issue with veterinary or bio veterinary science? I need some help, teachers in general seem to tell everyone veterinary is out of the question.
Original post by Frannyb123
I've always been really eager to study veterinary medicine and have never wanted anything less! But I've had a really tough year during my AS exams; personal problems causing me to go off track with my revision a few months before my exams and I really feel I am not going to get the required grades!

If I take a gap year and achieve high A2 grades would this be an issue with veterinary or bio veterinary science? I need some help, teachers in general seem to tell everyone veterinary is out of the question.

You need to contact each of the universities individually to find out where you stand with your application as I know that some of them definitely will not take resits/will only take one or two subjects although I'm not 100% sure which universities it is. I know that Liverpool accepts resits as quite a few people in my current year resat either some exams/ the whole year.
Resitting would not affect your chances to gain a place doing biovet. One option is if the universities are not willing to accept you due to resitting, to do biovet first then go onto doing veterinary afterwards, but this is a much more expensive option and you have to decide whether you could fund the 4/5/6 year veterinary course by yourself afterwards.
Ignore your teachers and ring up/email the universities, there is no such thing as 'out of the question' if you want it enough
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending