The Student Room Group
Reply 1
digitalman405
I'm an international student from the US and I sent in my predicted grade for the Biology A-Level, but I completely forgot to mention my predictions for Chemistry A-Levels!

Will the unis just provide me with conditionals or should I update my predictions somehow? how??

Crikey I hope this didn't screw up my application

I would contact your universities and let them all know as soon as possible. Im not whether it will be a problem but its best to be safe and let them know. Good luck with your application.
Reply 2
tomdav
I would contact your universities and let them all know as soon as possible. Im not whether it will be a problem but its best to be safe and let them know. Good luck with your application.

Thanks for the quick response. How should I best contact them? I've been in touch with an admissions tutor in Leeds (one of the two schools that I'm applying to) for the past half year, should I do this through him, or should I ring the admissions office?

:captain:
I don't think it'd be a huge problem so long as you let them know asap. I'd call during office hours - ie, wait until monday over here =]
Reply 4
scribble_girl
I don't think it'd be a huge problem so long as you let them know asap. I'd call during office hours - ie, wait until monday over here =]

:ditto: Yeh I agree, or you could email (but make sure you quote your UCAS number and course code in the email). You could either contact Leeds through this admissions tutor or through the department, it doesn't really matter I, whichever is easiest for you I suppose.
I'd phone rather than email because then you know you're talking to the right person and that it's being sorted, rather than an email getting ignored for ages because of the sheer volume the uni receives. There should be a number for the undergraduate admissions office in the prospectus or on the website. You should call UCAS as well.
Yeah, I'd rather call, just so you know someone's dealing with it. And at this time of year, just after the deadline, I'll bet they're a bit bombarded with emails, at least with a call you're getting their attention :p:
Reply 7
Make sure you get the full name/title of the person you talk to at the admissions office so that you actually have a reference and can hold someone accountable if the university's records aren't updated. If it's through e-mail then you'll naturally have black-and-white evidence, though as has been mentioned before, e-mail takes much longer to be responded to, and they'll do so only at their convenience.
Reply 8
Alright I just got a response from the admissions tutor in Leeds and he reassured me that I will be getting conditional offers whether or not the predicted grades are listed.. so no worries!! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending